Love and Fear

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
I remember reading somewhere that the only two true emotions that people have are love and fear and all the others are degrees of that. Fear manifests itself in a lot of different ways.

Fear can be anxiety, worrying, and other shit like that.

Love can be happiness, and other good shit like that so it's possible.

Hmm how could anger work?

You're Thirteen said:
I remember a book I read, love was banned due to being the root of all conflict, and emotion was "bred" out of humans. People discovered to have emotion were considered insane and killed.

Yea okay but if emotions were limited to derivatives of love and fear, how could anger be expressed?

You're Thirteen said:
could anger be considered a direct response to fear? idk

If someone slapped me in da face and I got angry at them, how could that relate to fear I wonder?

You're Thirteen said:
If someone slapped me in da face and I got angry at them, how could that relate to fear I wonder?
Fear of being hit again, fear of rejection from peers for getting beaten up.

Okay well say if remembered something which happened in the distant past, and it still makes me angry

Okay say if someone slapped me in da face years ago. What could I fear

You're Thirteen said:
You could fear meeting that person again and the same situation repeating itself.

Smg2daisy said:
The power of fear is far more way powerful than love. I experienced that myself.
Love is more powerful, your love for things can beat fear.

Jim McGinn said:
You could fear meeting that person again and the same situation repeating itself.
But say if this guy is a lil squirt and I'm not afraid to take him on

You're Thirteen said:
having an instinctive fear of being attacked (slapped) and acting aggressively in direct response to that fear is natural I guess

so like, it's a manifestation of fear in a similar vein to anxiety as Y876 mentioned above

but a delayed response? Idk, you'd still be pretty miffed because you were slapped ages ago otherwise you wouldn't bother remembering it, so you're still responding to being attacked I guess, and you fear being attacked again?

You're Thirteen said:
Jim McGinn said:
But say if this guy is a lil squirt and I'm not afraid to take him on
then you have no fear of that situation anymore, but you're still angry from the previous altercation which was brought on by fear idk

also not to be facetious but yk what's the point of sharing this on a mario forum :mario:

Fronk said:
also not to be facetious but yk what's the point of sharing this on a mario forum :mario:
Thats facetious so fuck you

Jks mate, love ya

You're Thirteen said:
Fronk said:
Thats facetious so fuck you
fuk u 2 you philosophical jerk

luv ya too <3

Fronk said:
Loads of people are probably insecure (fear), his story of being able to take on this guy is getting over the fear and insecurities so he's building the confidence of others.

Jim McGinn said:
Loads of people are probably insecure (fear), his story of being able to take on this guy is getting over the fear and insecurities so he's building the confidence of others.
Yea thats spot on biatch!

Anywaes...

lol so you wanted a confidence boost to slap a bitch

that's a roundabout way to get one but ok

in that case this'd be vengefulness, but what would vengefulness be considered as, a form of anger (which is in turn a manifestation of fear), or a form of love (idk, you tell me how this could be love lol)

Fronk said:
in that case this'd be vengefulness, but what would vengefulness be considered as, a form of anger (which is in turn a manifestation of fear), or a form of love (idk, you tell me how this could be love lol)
A love for your dignity perhaps?

Back