Rank the Pirates of the Caribbean films

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
What is your favourite and least favourite film in the series? Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favourite movie franchises and I love them all (well the last one was just ok for me).

Here is my rankings

1 At World's End
2 Curse of the Black Pearl
3 Dead Man's Chest
4 On Stranger Tides

How do you rank them?

1. Curse of the Black Pearl

i don't really care for the others, they were okay i guess

1. At World's End
2. Curse of the Black Pearl
3. Dead Man's Chest

i've not seen 4 yet so I can't rank that one

1. Dead Man's Chest
2. On Stranger Tides
3. Curse of the Black Pearl
4. At World's End

1 At World's End
3 Dead Man's Chest
4 On Stranger Tides

I chose At World's End as my favourite, cause it's just so epic, the way they go halfway around the world and back again. I liked the inclusion of the Nine Pieces of Eight, the pirate lords, the final battle, etc. Really gives the film series that little MMPH.

Curse of the Black Pearl is where it all began, it introduced some of the best characters the film industry has ever seen, has a fantastic storyline, and brings back the nautical genre of pirates like no other film.

Dead Man's Chest also introduces some of the best characters, such as Beckett, Davy Jones, Tia Dalma, and it explains what happened between the two films well, as well as a brilliant fight scene on a wheel accompanied by a fantastic soundtrack, much like its prior film and successors. However, it seemed to lack a bit of a story, though thankfully this was picked up on in the next film.

On Stranger Tides is perhaps the least structurally solid movie, lacking a very convincing plot, which seemed rather solvable right from the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I still loved this movie, purely for the inclusion of the three main supports, Sparrow, Gibbs and Barbossa. However, some of the characters felt rather shoehorned in, such as Swift, Serena and to a certain extent Angelica. Still, some of the plot points were fun, though the film seemed to be a wee bit slower than the previous three films, despite all the running Jack had to do.

I really hated doing that rating as I love all of them and I love them all pretty much the same, bar Dead Man's Chest which I just love.

Mrs. Doubtfire said:
1 At World's End
3 Dead Man's Chest
4 On Stranger Tides

I chose At World's End as my favourite, cause it's just so epic, the way they go halfway around the world and back again. I liked the inclusion of the Nine Pieces of Eight, the pirate lords, the final battle, etc. Really gives the film series that little MMPH.

Curse of the Black Pearl is where it all began, it introduced some of the best characters the film industry has ever seen, has a fantastic storyline, and brings back the nautical genre of pirates like no other film.

Dead Man's Chest also introduces some of the best characters, such as Beckett, Davy Jones, Tia Dalma, and it explains what happened between the two films well, as well as a brilliant fight scene on a wheel accompanied by a fantastic soundtrack, much like its prior film and successors. However, it seemed to lack a bit of a story, though thankfully this was picked up on in the next film.

On Stranger Tides is perhaps the least structurally solid movie, lacking a very convincing plot, which seemed rather solvable right from the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I still loved this movie, purely for the inclusion of the three main supports, Sparrow, Gibbs and Barbossa. However, some of the characters felt rather shoehorned in, such as Swift, Serena and to a certain extent Angelica. Still, some of the plot points were fun, though the film seemed to be a wee bit slower than the previous three films, despite all the running Jack had to do.
The same rankings as me with the same reasons too.

Back