Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8, 2014

Nick Fury said:
Nintendo just updated the direct site.

EsVJJTN.png
what's different (i don't think marth was there, but i'm probably wrong)

They added the smash bros theme. This is the nintendo direct site, it didn't have the characters down there or the large grey smash logo before.

Crackin355 said:
They added the smash bros theme. This is the nintendo direct site, it didn't have the characters down there or the large grey smash logo before.
I was excluding the exsistence of the theme

President Madagascar said:
Nick Fury said:
You and me both. I'm gonna be at rehearsal until nine o'clock. When I come home, the first thing I'll do is watch it and try to avoid spoilers on the way there.

That is why I have the direct site bookmarked so I just have to press on it :D

Good idea, I will do that

I used homepage instead of bookmark to not accidentally go to mynintendonews, it is a force of habit

Ok, here's what I want to happen:

*Palutena reveal
*Another newcomer reveal
*Two veterans, between Cpt. Falcon, Ness, or Jigglypuff
*More items, preferably Kirby or Pikmin items
*One more assist trophy reveal
*New stage(s) based of Kirby and the Mother series

Here's what might happen, but I don't want it to:

*Delay
*Scrolling stage reveal
*Another Zelda item
*Goku confirmed for Smash

pft why not. In no particular order:

*Newcomer reveal (Palutena, hopefully)
*Release date announcement
*Further info on changes to revealed veterans (final smashes pls)
*New modes (some info on Adventure Mode would be awesome), menu layout etc.
*New Items/Stages

OK, here's what I predict:

2 or 3 newcomers. I'm thinking Palutena, Chrom, and Ridley. Or Shulk.
Veteran announcements (whoever really. Please Ike!)
Release date
More stages
New items
Actual gameplay being shown directly in the the direct.
Lots of info on the new single player mode
Info on online, including leaderboards and, sadly, miiverse.
Something unexpected. (this is Sakurai. this could be anything but I just know something is gonna happen)
Info on a new mode.

I just want Sakurai to say something along the lines of:

"Okay, first off, Goku is not in the game. And Sonic is not a girl."

Here are some of my Character predictions for the direct:

Newcomers

Miis - Unlike most people in the Smash community it seems. I don’t hate the very idea of Miis being playable. They have their place in Nintendo now. And have a good enough resume to be playable. Ever since Wii Fit Trainer was announced + the THREE Mii related stages we have. I think they’re shoe-ins. A Smash Bros. related direct would be the perfect place to explain how they’ll work.

Ridley - Maybe it’s just because Monday’s screenshot happened to have a Metroid. But there’s also this feeling a really hyping reveal will come out of this. And Ridley’s pretty much the most requested Nintendo newcomer.

Palutena - There’s a supposed leak out there that hasn’t exactly been 100% debunked yet where it looks like Palutena is playable. And it might be time we see if it’s true or not that she’ll be a Newcomer.

Honorable Mentions: Pac-Man (I think if Pac-Man’s playable he’ll be an E3 reveal. But maybe Namco had other plans), Shulk (For Xenoblade), and a Fire Emblem newcomer

Veterans

Yoshi - Alot of people thought he’d show up when Yoshi’s New Island was released in the US. But maybe the reason we had no character reveals in March was so we could have multiple during the April direct to hype us in one sitting. Yoshi’s a guaranteed returnee either way though. He’s not one to worry about if he doesn’t show up once again.

Snake - Snake has been a bit iffy on his chances. And if he’s in the game, he’s likely going to have a big day for himself just like Sonic did last October. So this may be the day to put the doubts about Snake returning to rest. Because unfortunately time’s running out for the poor guy. If we don’t know about him being in the game before Smash 4 releases. That’s probably not a good sign.

Wario - After Yoshi wasn’t revealed, many people pointed out that WarioWare had an anniversery in March. So he might be March’s character reveal. Needless to say, that didn’t happen either. But it might be the fat man’s return come tomorrow. Although Wario is not one of the Original 12 nor was he in Melee though, Wario is a shoe-in to return just like Yoshi. You can’t have Ashley from WarioWare as an Assist Trophy if Wario isn’t playable.

Any Popular Veteran from Melee and/or Smash 64 that hasn’t been revealed yet (This includes Ness, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo) - It’d be pretty cool for a character like Captain Falcon to show up since he’s beloved because of the Smash Bros. series. Mewtwo might also be a good one since he missed out on Brawl. And is probably the most wanted Veteran.

Of course knowing Sakurai I could be completely wrong and he surprises me by not showing any of what I think might come. But that’s the fun of it all. ^^

Northern Verve said:
Ridley - Maybe it’s just because Monday’s screenshot happened to have a Metroid. But there’s also this feeling a really hyping reveal will come out of this. And Ridley’s pretty much the most requested Nintendo newcomer.

tbh the support for him is just too big to ignore

they're saving ridley for e3 so his trailer can be shown on the big screens

assuming nintendo has a normal conference this year

Cecil Terwilliger said:
Northern Verve said:

I see what you did there.

Hopefully we see a newcomer I've really wanted to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWL4EuCp5E

EVERYBODY GO GO GO

Also it's 39 minutes long. It's being taken into overtime.
barkley.png

Just to confirm, it is meant to be a silent screen for now right?

Nintendo Direct website]Once the broadcast is over you can re-watch the presentation and [b]additional video[/b] again at any time![/quote] [IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/efb62ec0dcdc3f58f91150ef370f238f/tumblr_inline_mryj42Pj8u1qz4rgp.jpg[/IMG] [quote author=Jim McGinn said:
Just to confirm, it is meant to be a silent screen for now right?
yup

Good, i was worried I was missing something, weird to see it with so many like though

ok i know this isn't my topic (and a bit of blatant advertising) but i'd like to announce that i'll be doing the smash bros direct on instasynch, in case you wanna live chat it or anything

...and maybe a replay later tonight in case you did miss it

http://www.instasynch.com/rooms/GutsehMan (this is the hype day we never imagined)

Jim McGinn said:
Cecil Terwilliger said:
Northern Verve said:

I see what you did there.
It wasn't very hard to, the joke wasn't very Ridley. :dk:

Yes that was really bad, but it's still a pun.

Back