so I'm getting a gba tomorrow

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

absolutely the best boy dont even try to debate it
what games would you guys reccomend to me?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Pokemon: LeafGreen Version
Super Mario World

fire emblem, m&lss, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2, boktai 1 & 2, castlevania aria of sorrows, lady sia, wario land 4, final fantasy 5 advance, metroid fusion as well as zero mission, final fight advance, thats all i can think of atm.

I think a shorter answer is what games should you not get

Let me see if I can list some that have not been recommended yet.

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, there is this Frogger game that I remember playing that is pretty fun, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Mother 3...although language issue so probably not.

And then there are the games for the GB and GBC I could list too.

Get a DS Lite instead since it doubles the Amount of games you can play and you can still play GBA games on it.

yes. we know. you dont have to make two posts about it.

drill dozer, pokemon games, superstar saga, minish cap, metroid games, fire emblem (both the one thats just called fire emblem and sacred stones, but i didnt play the latter), aria of sorrow, wario land 4, kirby and the amazing mirror, kirby: nightmare in dreamland, the warioware games. im forgetting a lot of stuff, i think, but those are some of the best gba games i can think of

like df said theres a lot of good games for the gb and gbc thatll work with it

basically per turb and df

Rocket '3Koon said:
obligatory Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission recommendation

These and the others turb said are good. I'd also recommend Yoshi's Island if you don't already have it, Buu's Fury if you like DBZ, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong if DK '94 isn't on hand.

Junketsu said:
Rocket '3Koon said:

These and the others turb said are good. I'd also recommend Yoshi's Island if you don't already have it, Buu's Fury if you like DBZ, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong if DK '94 isn't on hand.
I've been meaning to ask. Would you recommend the Legacy of Goku games (Buu's Fury too)? Would I enjoy it? That may seem like a stupid question seeing as how I'm a big DBZ fan, but how's the gameplay?

Nick Fury said:
Junketsu said:
Rocket '3Koon said:

I've been meaning to ask. Would you recommend the Legacy of Goku games (Buu's Fury too)? Would I enjoy it? That may seem like a stupid question seeing as how I'm a big DBZ fan, but how's the gameplay?

the first one really sucks, due to some problems with the battle system, but 2nd improves the game immensly and is pretty good.

buu's fury improves it even further and is downright fun to play all the way through.

I take it they follow the series, so I don't need to play all three to understand the story? If so, I may just pick up Buu's Fury.

Nick Fury said:
I take it they follow the series, so I don't need to play all three to understand the story? If so, I may just pick up Buu's Fury.

pretty much, there is some stuff in the games that are made up and some other stuff that may follow the movies but make it seem more natural, but other then that, you dont need all of them to know whats going on.

Personally, I thought Legacy of Goku was poorly designed. It gave you a bunch of stupid missions to complete for EXP (e.g. retrieve some kid's boat once you learned how to fly). Combat was repetitive, as you often weren't strong enough to just attack things, so you'd punch something a few times and then run/fly away unless you wanted to die (granted, that doesn't really change, but it's more bearable). Because of my dislike of the first game, I didn't get the sequel, which covers the Android saga, though with not being restricted to playing as Goku and being able to transform, it's an improvement. Buu's Fury adds equipment and lets you decide how to boost your stats when you level up. You could basically call them RPGs without a turn-based battle system.

My guess is you would either hate Legacy of Goku, or it would be your least favorite.

I love how I've completely taken over this thread. If you want, we can discuss this in the DBZ thread (as soon as I get done ranting about the misuse of Piccolo in the Buu saga).

To answer OP, I would say definitely pick of either FR or LG as well as Emerald. Minish Cap is also a good choice.

Nick Fury said:
I love how I've completely taken over this thread. If you want, we can discuss this in the DBZ thread (as soon as I get done ranting about the misuse of Piccolo in the Buu saga).

Haha, sure.

Why would you get a GBA when the games are coming to Wii U?

*thinks about the fact that you can take the games with you if you have the original console*

nevermind

chillv said:
Why would you get a GBA when the games are coming to Wii U?

*thinks about the fact that you can take the games with you if you have the original console*

nevermind

well that and probably a lot of games wont come to the wii u as well, so yeah.

Both DragonFreak and Turb has pretty much the same suggestions I have. I say one of the Pokemon games (preferably Emerald) is likely going to give you the most time from the other games, imo, but you can't go wrong with a Kirby game or Superstar Saga. I don't exactly know what your budget for these games is (how many do you want, etc).

i dont think ive mentioned it yet but golden sun 1 and 2 are also very good.

Back