The Deep Web

Lolcrawler

I choose you!
Ever heard of it? Its the place that contains unorganized, or secret websites only accessible using Tor. Only 4% of the internet isn't on it.
Some Websites:
The Silk Road: A drug selling agency A.K.A: the Illegal Amazon.com
Many hit men (assassins) for hire
Extremist Websites
Cicada 3301

The Silk Road got taken down a long time ago, get with the times.

But yes, I've heard of it. I've been on it. From The Hidden Wiki, I found quite a bit of interesting, horrifying things. Most of it's illegal, though, and a lot of it is downright disgusting- but since it's Tor, there's really not much you can do about it.

Tor's not all dark and gloom, though. So long as you remain anonymous, you can say or do anything you please amongst people with the same privilege...what that means depends on who you are. In the case of people like Anser facing down tyrannical governments, the Deep Web is a good place to speak, plan and act outside of the government's control...if you know how to get there and where to go.

Tor's also useful as a proxy, but it'll be slow as hell.

CrafterPig said:
Its the place that contains unorganized, or secret websites only accessible using Tor. Only 4% of the internet isn't on it.

you're confusing definitions. "deep web" as originally coined was supposed to refer to the internet content that can't be indexed by search engines, which is the majority of all internet content. now people sometimes use it to refer to things like the tor hidden services, but those don't make up anything like 96% of the internet

I think the sources I read said (Ehem CNN) said that it is 95%, and another said it is 96%, so I went for the smaller.
Contra(dictory) said:
Tor's not all dark and gloom, though. So long as you remain anonymous, you can say or do anything you please amongst people with the same privilege...what that means depends on who you are. In the case of people like Anser facing down tyrannical governments, the Deep Web is a good place to speak, plan and act outside of the government's control...if you know how to get there and where to go.
I know, the Arab spring revolution communicated mainly through the deep web, so the government could not access or control it.

Shoutmon said:
CrafterPig said:
Its the place that contains unorganized, or secret websites only accessible using Tor. Only 4% of the internet isn't on it.

you're confusing definitions. "deep web" as originally coined was supposed to refer to the internet content that can't be indexed by search engines, which is the majority of all internet content.

Wouldn't that technically make Mindless Junk and the mod boards part of the deep web?

LakituderSchnell said:
Alright, in that case it's time to gather the AC to secretly conquer the world.... wait did just say that aloud?

You didn't hear anything.
you've got to stop hanging around with air conditioners mate

LakituderSchnell said:
Alright, in that case it's time to gather the AC to secretly conquer the world.... wait did just say that aloud?

You didn't hear anything.
not if the 'Staff do it first

Farkles14 said:
Shoutmon said:
CrafterPig said:

you're confusing definitions. "deep web" as originally coined was supposed to refer to the internet content that can't be indexed by search engines, which is the majority of all internet content.

Wouldn't that technically make Mindless Junk and the mod boards part of the deep web?
Wow, that blew my mind.

Back