Kirby Super Star Ultra

I like the new things that are funny, like that sound Masked Dede makes when you beat him.

I remember playing the original KKS back when it was new. One of the best SNES games available.

I got this lovely remake for Christmas and I'm loving it. Although, I'm not too enthused about trying to beat every boss in the game with Capsule J or Buggsy.

I was also slightly disappointed that the combined all three heart treasures (in GCO) into one single treasure, nice as it looks. That might just be nostalgia working against me.

ShyGuy27 said:
Gemini Man said:
Stooben Rooben said:
This is one of the few Kirby games that has actually looked really good to me. I plan on getting it soon.

Feeeeeeeeeew?
He's probably talking about recent Kirby games.
I know this is an old post, but yes, that's exactly what I meant. NES and SNES Kirby games look really great, but some of the newer ones don't seem as appeasing.

Squeak Squad was terrible.

It was too easy, with no replay value, and a terrible horrible plot.

ShyGuy27 said:
Squeak Squad was terrible.

It was too easy, with no replay value, and a terrible horrible plot.

Very much so. I bought the thing new for $20. After finishing it a few hours later, I was rather ticked.

Great LOOKING game, though.

I hope Im not reviving, but this is the topic with the latest posts, so I dont think I am.

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC.

I have loved Kirby games forever. They all rock, but this one takes the cake. Well, I liked knightmare in dreamland, but this is still really SWEET. I am replaying Meta Knightmare 2 right now, and Im in MWW. Jorge got the game for his BDay or something, I wonder how far he got.

Im stuck on True Arena. Like alot of people. I beat Helper to Hero ONCE with the...whats it called...that ability where you get to throw people around. Its..umm...sommersault? No. WELL I DUNNO but I just kept pressing DOWN and B.

Dark Boy said:
Im stuck on True Arena. Like alot of people. I beat Helper to Hero ONCE with the...whats it called...that ability where you get to throw people around. Its..umm...sommersault? No. WELL I DUNNO but I just kept pressing DOWN and B.
It's backdrop.

It's a fun ability, but rather useless.

Actually, Suplex is a boss killer in KSSU. It's awesome for Helper to Hero.

Try TAC. His guard makes him invincible. Also, try Rocky. He's also invincible when he attacks.

Cloud said:
Try TAC. His guard makes him invincible.

*attempts*

Holy crap, you're right. I never knew this.

This game just got 10% more badass.

I figured that Simirror and Rocky were the easiest. Simirror has nearly perfect defense and Rocky can become perfectly invincible.

Nostalgia, my one true enemy!

Wedge said:
He's, like, the easiest helper to beat it with.

Capsule J2 is the hardest. Suicidal jets ftl.
QFT

With the J2 Capsule I can defeat Dyna Blade and some mini-bosses within three seconds, yet others like Fatty Whale take forever...

I thought Fatty Whale was pretty easy with Capsule J2.

Just stay on the side he's coming towards, charge your attack up, and shoot right through him whne he gets close. It's long, but not hard.

Cameleon Arm was loleasy with Capsule J2. When he latches on the top wall, just fly on top of him and let your jets annihilate him.

I lost on Heavy Lobster, actually. Wham Bam Rock and Meta Knight would've been hard anyway.

Wedge said:

Just stay on the side he's coming towards, charge your attack up, and shoot right through him whne he gets close. It's long, but not hard.
Lario said:
With the J2 Capsule I can defeat Dyna Blade and some mini-bosses within three seconds, yet others like Fatty Whale take forever...
He never said it was hard.

ShyGuy27 said:
Wedge said:

Lario said:
He never said it was hard.

Don't nit-pick.

Jim Gordon said:

Cameleon Arm was loleasy with Capsule J2. When he latches on the top wall, just fly on top of him and let your jets annihilate him.

I lost on Heavy Lobster, actually. Wham Bam Rock and Meta Knight would've been hard anyway.
I once came up to MK, but lost. The Computer Virus takes forever...

Too bad J2 Capsule can't hold objects/enemies for more than a few seconds, like Suplex.

Jim Gordon said:
ShyGuy27 said:

Apparently, you need to, considering you completely missed my last post.

It was implied. Also, I said "Capsule J2 is the hardest." and he said "QFT!"
1) The lrn2reed was directed at that post.

2) I don't see how that matters.

Now stop making such a big deal out of everything.

ShyGuy27 said:
Jim Gordon said:
ShyGuy27 said:

Apparently, you need to, considering you completely missed my last post.

It was implied. Also, I said "Capsule J2 is the hardest." and he said "QFT!"
1) The lrn2reed was directed at that post.

2) I don't see how that matters.

Now stop making such a big deal out of everything.

The hypocrisy in this post astounds me.

Didn't you just start this whole arguement over a sentence that was implied instead of directly stated?

Getting back on topic, I walked into GameStop the other day, to see how much they were charging for certain games, and I saw that they were completely out of KSSU! This is the 3rd time I've been into that GameStop and they've had no copies of KSSU. The fact that they're always running out of copies makes me want it even more.

If only I had my DS.

Stooben Rooben said:
Getting back on topic, I walked into GameStop the other day, to see how much they were charging for certain games, and I saw that they were completely out of KSSU! This is the 3rd time I've been into that GameStop and they've had no copies of KSSU. The fact that they're always running out of copies makes me want it even more.

If only I had my DS.
'K.

The same thing happened to me, only it was with MKW...

KSSU is rather nice, i like how there are around 100 pieces of music and 400 sounds. it's certainly a big improvement over KSS's 30 or so music pieces and 100 or so sounds.

the game itself isn't too tough, although it takes a lot of time to master it when you play the game for the first time. but after a few weeks or maybe months, you can practically beat the whole game and get 100%. i'm done with it, and i admit, it was really fun and got me occupied as i tried to achieve my goal of beating it 100%. i don't beat games fully very often, only KSSU, SMA4:SMB3, and NSMB.

marx was a great villain, and kirby had lots of powerups. plus i've noticed that the reason it was probably made was as a link between squeak squad and the upcoming wii game. kirby: super star was a really old game, and they didn't need to remake it. (although everyone would have liked a remake anyways. :D)

but i think that since squeak squad brought the life bar instead of the older fragmented life bar, and the upcoming wii game will include "the buddy system" from superstar, as well as the life bar (i think...), remaking superstar as superstar ultra was the best way for HAL laboratories to create a game that would introduce players into what was coming up, as well as building up on what had occurred in the previous game. sort of like a link between two kirby games...

Shyguy5 said:
kirby: super star was a really old game, and they didn't need to remake it. (although everyone would have liked a remake anyways. :D)

Companies don't need to remake anything. HAL Laboratory just noticed how well the original was recieved critically, and decided they could turn a large profit with a remake.

Nothing more.

Back