Nintendo should expand the Wii U

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
How do you think that should happen?
I will give you my own list:
1. N64 Games on VC (Don't know why they chose not to continue this from the Wii.)
2. GCN Games on VC (Now that the Wii U is stronger than the Wii and that its backwards compatibility was decreased, this is a great choice.)
3. GamePad/Pro Controller Compatibility for Wii menu/VC on Wii U consoles (This lets people buy and play Wii VC titles without buying the no longer in stock Classic or GameCube Controllers.)

Now what Games should be added to the Wii U VC from the N64 and GCN consoles:
I'd be really happy if these were in there:
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7
Super Smash Bros Melee
These 4 games all make my top 10 Mario Game list of all time.
I'd also like to get:
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Party 3
Mario Superstar Baseball

Well said GP.

GalacticPetey said:
*Third Party Support
*Better Advertising
*Zelda U and Metroid U
*Smash 4 being similar to Melee

*They are trying.
*I've seen like 5x more advertisement in the last 5 months than anything before that.
*Zelda U is confirmed. Metroid hopefully.
*How about just Smash 4 being the best? We definitely don't want it to be like Melee. :P

Anna said:
GalacticPetey said:
*Third Party Support
*Better Advertising
*Zelda U and Metroid U

*They are trying.
*I've seen like 5x more advertisement in the last 5 months than anything before that.
*How about just Smash 4 being the best? We definitely don't want it to be like Melee. :P
By being like Melee, I mean having Melee's gameplay. Not that clunky, slow stuff we got in Brawl.

Expand it? But it's already massive enough as it is! Any bigger and we'd be talking first XBOX proportions.

I think N64 will happen soon, they just trying to spread the releases out this time round. I would like to see GCN games but I honestly don't see that happening at all on the Wii U.

GalacticPetey said:
*Third Party Support
*Better Advertising
*Zelda U and Metroid U

*That would be nice. Even though I rarely buy third party games
*Well, they are advertising it to the audience they were meaning to advertise it to in the first place. They could change the target audience a little bit, but there is no way they can pull in those type of gamers that play nothing but stuff like COD and EA Sports games.
*That's nice, but I can care less about either of those franchises
*What was so great about Melee?

chillv said:
GalacticPetey said:
*Third Party Support
*Better Advertising
*Zelda U and Metroid U

*That would be nice. Even though I rarely buy third party games
*Well, they are advertising it to the audience they were meaning to advertise it to in the first place. They could change the target audience a little bit, but there is no way they can pull in those type of gamers that play nothing but stuff like COD and EA Sports games.
*That's nice, but I can care less about either of those franchises
*What was so great about Melee?
*But others will. Hell,mone of my favorite Wii U games is 3rd Party, Arkham City
*They should at least try to reach out to them. Advertise stuff like ZombiU or a Metroid game. Something that would appeal to older gamers.
*But others do. Zelda is my favorite Nintendo franchise.
*When I say like Melee, I mean having that fast paced gameplay. Not something slow and floaty like Brawl.

GalacticPetey said:
chillv said:
GalacticPetey said:
*When I say like Melee, I mean having that fast paced gameplay. Not something slow and floaty like Brawl.

I had no problems with the fighting in either of the three. They seemed about the same to me.

GalacticPetey said:
Try doing this in Brawl.

Honestly I see highly technical combos that require a needlessly steep learning curve to execute as a hindrance more than anything else.

I don't care if technical stuff like wave dashing and l canceling come back or not. I just want the game to be faster than Brawl.

Farkles14 said:
GalacticPetey said:
Try doing this in Brawl.

Honestly I see highly technical combos that require a needlessly steep learning curve to execute as a hindrance more than anything else.

Then you hate the vast majority of fighting games.

Anna said:
GalacticPetey said:
*Third Party Support
*Better Advertising
*Zelda U and Metroid U

*They are trying.
Trying for third party support isn't enough. The other consoles have good third party support, Nintendo doesn't. They don't have an excuse.

Also, more advertising =/= good advertising. Every Nintendo commercial I see fails to illustrate any of the unique aspects of the console, and it really seems easy to think it's an add-on.

PlayStation 4 said:
Here is a fast paced Brawl

Also, this is fast-paced, but it's not really that technical. It's basically the players being knocked around a lot (i smell a high damage ratio) using the same few moves

i'm fine with brawl's gameplay - i'm not a very technical person - but i have to admit melee's better

GalacticPetey said:
I don't care if technical stuff like wave dashing and l canceling come back or not. I just want the game to be faster than Brawl.
L-canceling should've just been automatic, IMO. No reason to make it an option because there is NO downside to it other than worn out L and R buttons. Same goes for wavedashing. And yes, those shoulder buttons seem to wear quicker than most buttons.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:
L-canceling should've just been automatic, IMO. No reason to make it an option because there is NO downside to it other than worn out L and R buttons. Same goes for wavedashing. And yes, those shoulder buttons seem to wear quicker than most buttons.
That would've been cool.

I don't get your post.

L-canceling relies on the timing of the L/R-button input and the frame of a landing aerial attack, not on how quickly you tap the L/R buttons or how quickly the game reads your response.

Back