Have you ever seen a black & white movie?

Chuck Ballymoo

Blooper
Banned User
I have. Some are great. No special effects but they have good stories.

older john wayne movies man

and some others, not the biggest fan of them but they aren't too bad.

is this supposed to be an accomplishment or something

i mean, i can't think of any black and white movies that are my favorites (except it's a wonderful life, that movie is awesome), but there are a bunch of pretty good ones like casablanca.

Fighter Zae said:
older john wayne movies man

and some others, not the biggest fan of them but they aren't too bad.
Why don't you like them. There were good ones, there were bad ones, there were fair ones, and there were great ones. Just like today. And as for Arsenic and old lace, the play from back then was better. Too bad the play wasn't filmed. Jonathan was actually played by Boris Karloff and the old ladies were NOT supposed to have gotten committed they poisoned the guy who was gonna do it.

GalacticPetey said:
Why is seeing a black and white movie an accomplishment? I've seen a ton.
Same.

I've only seen a couple black and white silent films, tho. Namely, Buster Keaton's The General and Charlie Chaplin's The Gold Rush.

Dr. Javelin said:
is this supposed to be an accomplishment or something

That's exactly what I thought

Three'kay said:
My favorite is Prince of Space.

The MST3K version that is

A lot of great movies are in black & white.
The Last Picture Show
12 Angry Men
Tokyo Story
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Persepolis

Just to name a few.

If you limit yourself to only a certain kind of movie, you are a certified pleb.

I have watched a fair few
When I was younger, I used to be reluctant to watching black and white films as I thought they would be dull/unenjoyable
Then when I was about 9 or 10 my mum perswaded me to watch 'Some like it hot' and I loved it and that completley changed my attidtude towards black and white films

What about black and white TV, because I've seen Tomb of the Cybermen from Doctor Who and it was in black and white. I found it hard to watch actually, and I think it was due to the colour.

Back