Photoshop help? (RESOLVED)

Dashbot

BREEE
It's hard to explain but..

I have 2 layers. The bottom layer filled with the red color, and the top layer filled with dark red color

I want to make the top layer transparent, so it does take it's color from the bottom layer. so if I changed the bottom layer's color to blue, the top layer should be dark blue. If the bottom is red, the top should be dark red. The same dark red as the original before making it transparent.

That is very confusing, I know.. If you can't understand (probably you can't) tell me.

Re: Photoshop help?

Lower the opacity of the top layer.

Example (sorry, all I have is CS2 but it looks similar to the later versions):

YSgxT9K.png

The bottom layer is #4A5D84, the top layer is #212C42.

I want to make the top layer transparent, with exact values.. So if the bottom layer is #4A5D84, the top layer should be #212C42

Try experimenting with the different layer modes (e.g. multiply, dissolve, dodge, overlay, hue).

Dashbot said:
The bottom layer is #4A5D84, the top layer is #212C42.

I want to make the top layer transparent, with exact values.. So if the bottom layer is #4A5D84, the top layer should be #212C42
Make the top layer black and lower the opacity. That's the only way to guarantee it.

You can also try making the top layer a darkish colour (not-black but close) and then mess with the blending options. Basically right click the layer, press 'blending options' and there will be a drop down for blending option types. Something like Overlay would probably give you what you want.

Actually, overlay was the nearest thing I needed.. thanks.

Next question :P

How to remove identical parts of two Photoshop layers?

Example:

I have a gradient-ed red & blue layer as the background.. I have a duplicate of that layer, but with some green pixels.. Is there a way to remove the background from the layer so I can have the green pixels alone?

Dashbot said:
Actually, overlay was the nearest thing I needed.. thanks.

Next question :P

How to remove identical parts of two Photoshop layers?

Example:

I have a gradient-ed red & blue layer as the background.. I have a duplicate of that layer, but with some green pixels.. Is there a way to remove the background from the layer so I can have the green pixels alone?

Maybe select it with the magic wand tool on the layer, give the layer a mask (should leave you with the background and not the green), then invert the mask (leaving just the green instead of the background).

Thanks, but I need an automatically way, for somethings like this:

Image + Background
Snap1_zps14b215b0.png

Background only
Snap2_zps34207317.png

EDIT: Actually, I may be able to make a vb program for that, after all I'm a programmer.

EDIT 2: Done! though it was tough. If anyone interested, I'll post it. Though I'd prefer a way to do it in Photoshop

Back