Your Opinion on Conker and Banjo's Place in the Marioverse

What would actually be in this "RareWiki", just Donkey Kong, Banjo and Conker; only a few of the Donkey Kong games were actually made by Rare. And since its a RareWiki, would other Rare series, such as Perfect Dark, Viva Piñata. Killer Instinct, Kameo: Elements of Power, etc. be in it?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! KAMEO! EVIL! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I see no need in spending time and money on a new wiki. And I'm not too sure about DKvine.

Don't worry. DK Vine is not interested. They know they have strange views of the DKU, and would rather keep any potential wiki in-house.

I always found it odd how they would count Viva Piñata as a part of the Donkey Kong Universe. Sure, it may have alot of references to the Banjo-Kazooie series, but, meh.

I think DK Vine is trying to preserve Rare franchises in general. Any connection that can be made works for them. They admit their views are contraversial, but that's how they want to operate.

Well, we have three options:

1. Keep all Banjo/Conker content as is.
2. Put a special template on all Banjo/Conker articles, indicating their "lesser" significance somehow.
3. Delete all Banjo/Conker articles.

Perhaps we could post a poll to get some feedback? Me, I'm lovin' on the template idea, as it washes our hands free of this sticky situation that isn't our fault anyway. :D

I will post a poll on the wiki soon. Gotta make it official, right? Lemme talk to Wayoshi.

O.K, according to Wayoshi on the Main Page's talk page, we WILL have a rare wiki on wikia. Are we gonna vote or not?

I doubt a vote will be taking place. Soooo, I wonder if this RareWiki will just be covering Donkey Kong games Rare made. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 2, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Circus, Donkey Kong Hockey, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever, Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Konga 3, Donkey Kong '94, Donkey Kong Classics, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, DK : King of Swing, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis (whew) weren't made by Rare, Ltd.

Yes, I'm fairly sure we can. And by the by, SG, are you joining the rarewiki?

I already did, but since I haven't played any non-Donkey Kong Rare games, I don't think I'll contribute too much.

Back