Things that make you freak out in videos games?

Godzilla said:
Am I the only one who does not find Mimi scary? Maybe it's the artstyle of the game but she was never really creepy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHdXqBvUBrs

Godzilla said:
Am I the only one who does not find Mimi scary? Maybe it's the artstyle of the game but she was never really creepy.
Well the only part she was truly creepy was when you were trying to get through that labyrinth and she'd stalk you and she'd go MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI.

Godzilla said:
she was kind of creepy, but not really

i think it's just where her head turns upside down. after that one brief moment, she isn't scary anymore

Magolor said:
Mimi was scary in a "that's disturbing/disgusting" kind of way. The cracking sound when she rotates her head doesn't help.

Skip to 3:30 if you don't recall it.
omg dude
i remember my first time playing it i was like "ok she doesnt even look that bad just a generic enemy"
but woah
shit son
when her head turned to the side i was like the fuck is going on is this chick insane or something
and then all of a sudden a big ass spider pops out and its like
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt get that shit away from me omg so scary
shitting out red rubees did not make this anymore confortable

i honestly laughed at mimi

thought it was just some sort of friendly nintendo joke on horror games or something

Now that I am playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze again, I'll have to say that Irate Eight really got me on the edge.

I didn't think Mimi was disturbing or scary. The game's style didn't really let me see anything other than a piece of paper being spun around and the noise never really struck me as anything but a sound effect.

I didn't really get invested into that scene it seems, I think I was just trying to beat the game.

-The titular monster from Ao Oni (except when you're playing in South Park mode).
-Dark Gaia from Sonic Unleashed, that monster is freaky as hell.

The Mimicuties from Kid Icarus Uprising. I remember not touching any treasure chest for my first playthrough after one of those.

Mariofan169 said:
The Mimicuties from Kid Icarus Uprising. I remember not touching any treasure chest for my first playthrough after one of those.

oh god those things SUCK

Mariofan169 said:
Oh those are annoying. After you've been through the chapters a couple of times though you know where they are so can be prepared to get back from them.

I nearly had a heart attack today when I walked into an 4-man ambush in Dota 2. I'm still amazed I got out of that one - somehow I reflexively hit R and turned invisable and escaped while I was being dragged by Pudge's hook.

A good Pudge is scary.

''GET OUT'' from DK64

Pyramid Head

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWbYsHMPSw

Mcmadness said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWbYsHMPSw
Saw the words Silent Hill.

Exited out of the window as fast as possible.

what a lot of people don't realize is that you can kill them by just throwing bombs at them, they move so slow they can't avoid them

and it's not like you're going to run out, considering you can hold 99 bombs

the problem is bombs take so long to explode that most enemies will have already moved away from where you threw it, at least in wind waker

Back