Things that make you freak out in videos games?

Having to do some sort of objective while running away from some monster was always something that just made me put down the controller and never progress when I was younger.

That first Uroboros boss in Resident Evil 5 freaked me out god damn it. At least until I was 13 and was playing co-op.

Anything to do with dark, small rooms since I'm achluophobic and claustrophobic.

What the hell is wrong with you people!? You're missing one of the most nightmare-inducing enemies in most of our childhoods!

dead_hand___the_legend_of_zelda__ocarina_of_time_by_gregzilla14-d5980mp.png

Just that entire area was nightmare inducing. Thank god as a child I never got that far. We accidentally got rid of the game before I was 5, and so I never got to experience getting past anywhere but the first dungeon.

Also, the Floormasters in Wind Waker have always freaked me out. They still do, because I have no idea when they'll pop out of their hole of darkness, only to grab me and try to drag me into it.

I've never really been scared of the Re-deads. They were never really that scary.

When I played Sims (original) as a child, my sisters and I would freak out whenever the Grim Reaper would appear. That was one of the scariest things because the game was based on like real life, and watching someone die was just horrifying.

I really don't remember anything scaring me in Mario games. There isn't a lot of things in it that can scar-I lied. I almost pee'd my pants when I saw Mimi in SPM turn into her true self. That and the music gave me horrible nightmares. I literally was just entering random rooms so that I wouldn't have to deal with her or that horrifying music. So creepy.

Pikmin always freak me out, especially in Pikmin 2. Some of those enemies are just horrifying. LIke the Smoky Blogg or whatever from the first game, and having to be scared to hell by that. I then that Water Wraith or whatever in that one blue Pikmin Cave and having to deal with that nightmare. And of course the Titan Tweevil final boss and the music making it sound scarier than the boss really is (though that flamethrower is definitely not a pleasant sight). Oh, and the time limit always make things really scary, especially as a kid playing Pikmin for the first time.

And now let me touch one game that definitely made me freak out a lot - Majora's Mask. That game as a kid gave me nightmares, just looking at the Moon and having to witness what happens when you don't turn back time. Then I was always freaked out by how scary Majora looked, and then the statues from Elegy of Emptiness were definitely creepy. Some of the bosses were definitely horrifying, like Gyorg. Of course, nothing made it scarier than the time limit and the final chamber where you face all of Majora's forms.

Ulrich said:
And now let me touch one game that definitely made me freak out a lot - Majora's Mask. That game as a kid gave me nightmares, just looking at the Moon and having to witness what happens when you don't turn back time. Then I was always freaked out by how scary Majora looked, and then the statues from Elegy of Emptiness were definitely creepy. Some of the bosses were definitely horrifying, like Gyorg. Of course, nothing made it scarier than the time limit and the final chamber where you face all of Majora's forms.

I remember that Gibdo guy in the Music Box House really freaked me out. Then again, I was scared by Redeads and Gibdos because of their screams and their uncanny lounging towards you when you're frozen. Redeads aren't that scary anymore mainly because 1. they have sweet dance moves and 2. they're easy to kill especially with one adult Link jump attack.

The last 6 hours music on the Final Day also didn't help alleviate the scaryness.

That dead hand dude was pretty goofy-looking to me when I saw it being fought but I understand how it would scare people. But I always scared by the well when I was a kid. Whenever my brother would access it, I'd just go away.

Ulrich said:
What the hell is wrong with you people!? You're missing one of the most nightmare-inducing enemies in most of our childhoods!

OH GOD
WHY
WHY DID I CLICK THAT WWWWHHHYYYY

Shiverburn Galaxy. 'Nough said.
Oh yeah, and the ending to that certain Final Fantasy game, as well as Giygas and BEN Link's Statue of Emptiness thingamabob.

Going through the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple really freak me out. I also get creeped out by the original Fire Temple theme. (You know, the Islamic chanting?)

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
Going through the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple really freak me out. I also get creeped out by the original Fire Temple theme. (You know, the Islamic chanting?)
Hmm, yeah, that was kinda creepy in my book.

Ulrich said:

not even that bad, if anything made it bad it was the graphics of the time.

Honestly sa-x, nemesis, and various silent hill enemies were far worse.

Zae Eildus said:
Ulrich said:

Those twin baby creatures... Ugh.

I remember getting too scared to progress any further in Rayman 2 when I reached the chase segment of the Cave of Bad Dreams years ago.

Forgot a few things.

The Trial Realms in Skyward Sword freaked me out.

And that one cutscene in Twilight Princess when you save the final Light Spirit is creepy and twisted as hell. I mean, it was so dark I was surprised at how deep it went.

Marilith said:
Zae Eildus said:
Ulrich said:

Those twin baby creatures... Ugh.

gray children i assume

funny how only the american version got those things

Shy Guy Forever said:

Just look at it. It's horryfying.
Quite frankly I wonder why Ocarina of Time was rated E. :shifty:

ESRB was a lot more lenient back then I guess

Okay here's the ultimate question: Which had freakier stuff, Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

Quite frankly the Happy Mask Salesman turned me over to Majora's Mask.

well those mask transformations in majoras mask was pretty freaky

Majora's Mask was the darker game of the two but Ocarina of Time had the Hyrule Town of the future, the Well, and the shadow temple so...

Zae Eildus said:
well those mask transformations in majoras mask was pretty freaky

I always laughed at them idk why

Back