Is Super Paper Mario any good?

it's an enjoyable platformer/RPG, but it's totally different from the first two paper marios

It's better than Sticker Star

If you're a longtime Paper Mario fan expecting to see a turn-based RPG with diverse partners, this isn't the game for you.

If you're looking for an RPG with a good story with some fleshed out characters and platformer-based RPG, then this is the game for you.

I haven't played a lot of it, but I enjoyed what I did play

They are good puzzles but not too complicated. There is one big puzzle in Chapter 4 if you don't know about it I won't spoil it.

While I loved turn-passed battles, I may try it.. Thanks guys.

Oh by the way, why PM:SS is so bad after all?

Sticker Star stripped down the battle system to a very basic form; stickers were required for literally every action including basic attacks, as opposed to how previous games used their special moves. Bosses are a sort of forced-puzzle boss; you can either insta-win with the right thing sticker, or do an incredibly long slog against them. And one of the biggest complaints is that it pretty much simplifies the story down to nothing - for example, Bowser doesn't even get any lines, there are no Paper Mario exclusive species, and other such things. Basically it would be a mediocre game if it was standalone, but the fact that it's a relative letdown compared to the previous Paper Marios is what makes it a bad game in the eyes of many.

I say if you played The Thousand Year Door, you're going to be bored out of your mind with Super Paper Mario.

Very good and interesting game.
I try not to base my opinions on the previous games in the series.

I thought it was a great game.

I mean. I did play it before I played the original two, but even so I don't think that because it's different that it's a bad game.

Still has a great plot and partners (kinda).

The start is a bit slow but once it picks up it is a very solid game with some great humour. Most of the negative comments are just people having a cry about it being different to the first two games.

Not recommended for hardcore Paper Mario fans. World is easy to navigate and the battles are way too easy.

imo the game is brilliant and i'd highly recommend playing it

I loved the game, meself. It's good if you like plot and dialogue and can do without or would even prefer not having to go through lengthy turn-based battles, level grinding and difficult bosses to get to the cutscenes.

I never played too much of Super Paper Mario, but I did like what I played. It does start out a bit slow, I can agree on that, but it develops into a pretty fun game, in my opinion.

Though I never played the original two so I can't really give an opinion from that side.

Either way, I'd recommend it! :)

It's a Mario game with a lengthy, detailed plot. What else would you want?

Back