Lone gamers

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I sort of consider myself a lone gamer. I can almost say I never have anyone to play video games with. This is mostly because the people I am around are not into video games or the games I play.

Because of this, I usually don't even buy games that focus around multiplayer. I can even say that I there are some games that I have never experienced the multiplayer of at all or that much. In fact, I will even say that because of this, I really have forgotten what it is like to play video games with other people.

However, from this, I don't see the appeal of online multiplayer or multiplayer in general since I am so used to playing by myself. But, I do welcome online play because it allows me to play with someone else.

I feel this is really sad, especially considering I am an introverted, shy, lone person in real life.

How do you guys feel about this? Can any of you relate to this?

I usually play by myself due to living in the middle of nowhere, and I still buy games that are more centered around multiplayer because their single-player can be quite enjoyable. Luckily though every week I meet up with a mate and we usually play some multiplayer

helluva good time waits for you, when ya play team fortress 2

I play by myself. The last time I played multiplayer with someone made me realize I wasn't missing out on much. All my friends aren't very good at Videogames even though they play them fairly often and having to play bad on purpose so their pride isn't wounded is a pain.

They enjoyed the games I wasn't good at, but even then after a few hours I'd be up to a level where they couldn't trample me anymore. To the point where they would gang up on me so that I wouldn't beat them.

Now that I look back on it, they all really didn't want me to win at the games they owned and had ganged up on me a lot. Whenever we found the rare game that we were equal in it was great fun without really caring about winning and such. Mario Strikers Charged was one of them.

I have my brother who I played a handful of Wii games (Brawl, Strikers Charged Football, MKW, etc.) with in the past, but the Wii and my brother (usually) no longer here so I'm a lone gamer now.

used to play with my siblings occasionally but not anymore

so guess i'm a "lone gamer" now

I came into this thread expecting a pity party with users whining about how they have no real life friends and that they're social recluses. No one wants to hear you whine about that. However, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I play with my siblings sometimes. The problem is one of my brothers only wants to play Madden or a game by himself. Sometimes I can convince him to play with me, but he complains because I beat him all the time.

My sister and other brother are six and eight respectively. They love to play Smash with me, but they're very very bad at it. They don't comprehend the concept of using a direction and the b or a button at the same time. This results in the, standing still and either spamming their jab or neutral b. This can be very annoying with some characters. So I play with CPUs. They offer better competition.

Last multiplayer experience I had was Friday when I took part on a Mario Kart Wii sort of Tournament at school

Last multiplayer experience was somewhere before January, I believe, where I played a game of something with my bro on the Wii.

I got many friends come over weekends and play with Brawl and Wii U, they are good at it but I'm better

I've always had Yoshiwaker and my dad to play games with.

And if you're a lone gamer, you're missing out. Most of my best memories in gaming come from the multiplayer parts of games like Halo, Allegiance, and Supreme Commander.

If you count twins as a single person, I'd say I'm a lone gamer

i always played stuff on my own because im and only child and had no one else to play with 99% of the time

that isolationalism is still with me though even today, since i prefer to operate alone in minecraft and tf2 and most other games

Also, I want to add that I have games with multiplayer but I never got to really experience them. One of which is Pikmin 3's. It looks so much fun, but is rather useless to me because nobody I know likes Pikmin or is willing to play it with me.

Also, I find it very sad that I am getting Wii Party U for Christmas mostly just to get the free Wii Motion Plus Controller. Also, I am sad I won't be able to experience the multiplayer modes in New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U (which I am getting for Christmas too. I also plan on getting Dr. Luigi. Good thing it has online play, that way, I can fill in the gap of another player. However, a game like that is fun to play alone anyway.

Dr. Javelin said:
I've always had Yoshiwaker and my dad to play games with.

And if you're a lone gamer, you're missing out. Most of my best memories in gaming come from the multiplayer parts of games like Halo, Allegiance, and Supreme Commander.

I've played multiplayer back when I had friends to play with. Lots of great memories.

I kind of forget them though, so there's that. I just know they were great and then it cuts off there.

I play mostly by myself, but I play mostly single player games
when I do play multiplayer, its normally mario kart or mario party, or impossible creatures

id say why i usually play alone but thats too emo

so yeah i usually play by myself, unless by some miracle a family member wants to play too.

Although i guess thats okay as most games i play are rpgs and a lot of them are single player.

Sergeant Sillies said:
Giga12 said:
I'm an only child, so of course I'd play alone.
Lucky.
I have four other siblings and playing games with them are the worst.
It depends what games we played, I remember usually having blast when I played with my brothers

Back