ScrewAttack's DeathBattle

He still has a point though. If the result was basically going to be the same, then they wouldn't even bother with this one.

If Luigi wins though I'm hoping for an actual valid reason. And not overplaying Tails fear of Thunder thus the Thunderhand gives Luigi the edge or like I said before: I hope the Negative Zone isn't the deciding factor. Cause it feels cheap if they did that.

It wouldn't be the first time it came down to a single attack. For example, Luke Skywalker beat Harry Potter mainly thanks to the Shatterpoint technique.

SiFi said:
It wouldn't be the first time it came down to a single attack. For example, Luke Skywalker beat Harry Potter mainly thanks to the Shatterpoint technique.
I watched that battle yesterday that was almost as short as chun li vs. that other girl. But we all knew Luke was gonna win it was his destiny.

oh come the heck on THE ARCHIE COMICS AREN'T CANON

Tails has at least had the helitail ability since Tails Adventure, which takes place before he met Sonic. Also, it was Sonic who invented the spin dash, according to an official website that went down but I still remember it.

Did you see that little preview at the end? Yea, it seemed Luigi hit tails with a hammer when he tried to spin dash at him. But then they got into some sort of cyclone movement and Tails was able to throw Luigi off. I'm not sure which one will win they seem ALMOST evenly matched.

It seems like they left out alot. I suppose they have the full previews in the actual match. But they showed Tails Adventure without mentioning the items he's able to get from that game? Or the Tornado and/or Cyclone? I feel like there's a possibility there I'll be questioning the results if something is left out and Luigi wins easily...

SiFi said:
oh come the heck on THE ARCHIE COMICS AREN'T CANON

Don't think it really matters, they usually use a character that's a composite of nearly every thing the character has if there's seperate universes with them. Dragonball GT isn't canon according to Toriyama, but they still used SS4 Goku in Superman Vs. Goku after all.

But what they do and don't ignore doesn't follow any rhyme or reason. When studying Akuma, they explicitly say they're ignoring a piece of information that doesn't appear in canon, and that's the only time they ever do that. Going back to Eggman vs. Wily, if you're going to say Adventures is canon (and the fact that they tried to fit it in with the laziest of fanon makes it even worse), then why not Sonic the Comic? Then we would've got Commander Brutus, and that would've been friggin' awesome.

But no, they choose what information they want to take into consideration, and that's not really a fair way to do a series like this.

Whoa I almost forgot my main point there: I'm actually okay with this kind of personal canon, but when it contradicts something that's unquestionably canon I draw the line.

Well now people want death battle to do Goku vs. Superman again because of ssj god...I REALLY. Don't think it'd make much of a difference.

I think Goku could have won if he'd used the Shenron Blast, since Shenron's a magical being. But that would technically be outside assistance.

Yeah but the Dragon Fist just looks like Shenron while this one actually is Shenron.

ernesth100 said:
SiFi said:
Yeah but the Dragon Fist just looks like Shenron while this one actually is Shenron.
Like the actual ancient dragon? The dragon busy granting people's wish's ditches them to become goku's attack?

You might have overlooked it, but the linked article noted in a caption that Goku uses the Dragon Balls first.

Junketsu said:
ernesth100 said:
SiFi said:
Like the actual ancient dragon? The dragon busy granting people's wish's ditches them to become goku's attack?

You might have overlooked it, but the linked article noted in a caption that Goku uses the Dragon Balls first.
Ah, I see...so lets do some research and predict the outcome.

The DC Wiki's Superman page said:
No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source.

The Dragon Balls were created by Kami, who totally qualifies as semi-divine.

But the really interesting thing is how the same article says that Superman's also vulnerable to chi, which, as well as being a real-life concept in some cultures, is the manga's name for what the anime refers to as ki.

Concentrated doses (like, I don't know, a kamehameha -SiFi) of such energies can severely cripple Superman and become fatal

You guys.

Goku could have won.

SiFi said:
The DC Wiki's Superman page said:
No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source.

The Dragon Balls were created by Kami, who totally qualifies as semi-divine.

But the really interesting thing is how the same article says that Superman's also vulnerable to chi, which, as well as being a real-life concept in some cultures, is the manga's name for what the anime refers to as ki.

Concentrated doses (like, I don't know, a kamehameha -SiFi) of such energies can severely cripple Superman and become fatal

You guys.

Goku could have won.
Wait a fucking second.

Superman is weak to Ki?

A single Kamehameha should've killed him then.

Then again, that information did come from a wiki. Do you happen to to know the source of that claim?

The Question, volume 2, issue 6.

Oh man I hate to bring everyone down but apparently it's not that simple. It turns out that the reason Chi affects Superman is because he draws energy from the sun, so energy from the earth disagrees with him. In Dragon Ball, Chi doesn't come from the earth, but from every living being.

HOWEVER.

The spirit bomb can draw energy from the earth or the sun, so the biggest factor in deciding who will win is which one he chooses to use as a source. Unfortunately, he'd probably choose to take it from the sun, because he'd have no foreknowledge of it being Superman's power source and as a result would assume that it would be more effective.

Back