What are you doing right now?

Listening to Marina and the Diamonds while trying not to pass out

Dinomic Duo said:
Wittgenstein said:
Ranting on MFGG forums about Super Mario 3D Land.
I was just sitting in a chair, but now I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with Super Mario 3D Land.
Here's my rant:
[quote author=Wittgenstein (Fawfulthegreat64) on MFGG forum]Super Mario 3D Land. I have no idea why people like this game, it's so underwhelming for something that was part of the same group of games as Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. I'd have preferred a "Super Mario Galaxy 3D" since I'm quite sure the 3DS could've handled it.

It's just that, Galaxy felt so grand and epic, being in space and all. Then along comes 3D Land, running on a Galaxy-esque engine but having the same tired old story and world as the New Super Mario Bros. games. I enjoyed it of course, but I have no intent of ever going back to it, unlike the other 3D Mario games that I still pick up once in a while. I'm not really a fan of Sunshine either, but at least it had a unique premise and deviated from the usual generic "cross the Mushroom Kingdom and breach Bowser's large stone castle full of lava" deal.

I can't believe they were going in such a great direction with the Galaxy games, then decided "LEL N0STALG1A" and added a flagpole and time limit. Every main series Mario game since then has revolved around running for a flagpole. Why is this? "LEL G0TTA REFERENCE DA CLASS1CS!!!1" I get throwing in a reference or two, but basing your 8th generation game completely on something from the NES is idiotic.

64 innovated. Sunshine innovated. Galaxy innovated. What did 3D Land do? Take Super Mario Bros. 3 and slap a 3D plane on it. Disgraceful.[/quote]

Wittgenstein said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Wittgenstein said:
Ranting on MFGG forums about Super Mario 3D Land.
I was just sitting in a chair, but now I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with Super Mario 3D Land.
Here's my rant:
[quote author=Wittgenstein (Fawfulthegreat64) on MFGG forum]Super Mario 3D Land. I have no idea why people like this game, it's so underwhelming for something that was part of the same group of games as Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. I'd have preferred a "Super Mario Galaxy 3D" since I'm quite sure the 3DS could've handled it.

It's just that, Galaxy felt so grand and epic, being in space and all. Then along comes 3D Land, running on a Galaxy-esque engine but having the same tired old story and world as the New Super Mario Bros. games. I enjoyed it of course, but I have no intent of ever going back to it, unlike the other 3D Mario games that I still pick up once in a while. I'm not really a fan of Sunshine either, but at least it had a unique premise and deviated from the usual generic "cross the Mushroom Kingdom and breach Bowser's large stone castle full of lava" deal.

I can't believe they were going in such a great direction with the Galaxy games, then decided "LEL N0STALG1A" and added a flagpole and time limit. Every main series Mario game since then has revolved around running for a flagpole. Why is this? "LEL G0TTA REFERENCE DA CLASS1CS!!!1" I get throwing in a reference or two, but basing your 8th generation game completely on something from the NES is idiotic.

64 innovated. Sunshine innovated. Galaxy innovated. What did 3D Land do? Take Super Mario Bros. 3 and slap a 3D plane on it. Disgraceful.
[/quote]
Right now I'm wishing that I could applaud loud enough for you to hear.

making a pizza

first time I've done this I have no idea if it'll work or not lel

coughing so hard it affects my stomach and throat

also eating some tuna with crackers!

Playing Cthulhu Saves the World, apparently it was just that software I needed after all. Not sure why I didn't bother last time.

Anyway, when I was fighting this starfish boss, I used this one-shot stun power to make it miss a turn, and it spent its next turn healing its insanity status, so I ended up deciding to lock it into doing that for most of the fight, and wasn't even touched. It was great, so wrecked.

Back