Metroid Prime Trilogy

I might be getting this for Christmas (maybe, I really don't know yet).

So how good it it?

Please no spoilers I just want to know what people think of it.

I don't actually have the trilogy, but I've played and beaten all three games and they're fantastic. The trilogy has a few extra improvements in it as well (addition to, of course, the updated controls for the GCN ones)

certainly worth it, the updated controls as well as the extras added are pretty good.

Don't exactly care for corruption, but the other two are fantastic games.

New Super Mario said:

So how good it it?

HOLY SHIT YOU FOUND A COPY?

New Super Mario said:

So how good it it?

It's fucking wonderful. Up there with Mass Effect as one of the best video game trilogies ever.

The first Metroid Prime is fantastic, haven't yet started the other two. I managed to find my copy of Trilogy at the back of a general store. It was only $90, which honestly is cheap if you remember there are three full games packed onto the disc.

It made a metroid fan out of me, I only got it because I heard it was hard to find and a copy was right in front of me.

I've been meaning to start playing Metroid as well. I imagine this is the best way to start?

Does the Camecube controller still work? If so, which controller scheme is better?

I don't know if the gamecube controller works (I'd imagine it doesn't but who knows) but the aiming on the wiimote is really good.

Eh, I'd personally recommend you start with one of the 2D games (specifically Zero Mission, Super, or Fusion) to get into the series, but these are still awesome games.

As for the control scheme, Wii Remote and Nunchuk is the only one on the plastic sleeve covering the shiny metal case, since you need them to play Prime 3, and I have to say, it's a hell of a lot easier to play the first two using this control scheme, imo.

The Doctor said:
New Super Mario said:

So how good it it?

GameStop reprinted them, I also got one recently for $50.

Champion Christmas said:
I've been meaning to start playing Metroid as well. I imagine this is the best way to start?

Does the Camecube controller still work? If so, which controller scheme is better?
1) No, first go and play Super Metroid, that is the best way to start and cheaper than getting MPT.
2) No, the game only supports Wiimote + Nunchuck, but after playing the same ammount of lenght with both schemes I gotta admit the Wiimote feels better and more responsive.

Is it on Wii U VC? I can't get VC to work on my Wii because internet doesn't work with it for some reason. But it works on Wii U. I'd just have to make a Nintendo Network account.

It is, and you can play it on the GamePad.

Mario4Ever said:
Eh, I'd personally recommend you start with one of the 2D games (specifically Zero Mission, Super, or Fusion) to get into the series, but these are still awesome games.

As for the control scheme, Wii Remote and Nunchuk is the only one on the plastic sleeve covering the shiny metal case, since you need them to play Prime 3, and I have to say, it's a hell of a lot easier to play the first two using this control scheme, imo.
I actually have played Fusion (haven't beaten it, really hasn't hooked me yet to be honest)

Mario4Ever said:
Get it on VC.
I might be getting some eShop points soon, so maybe.

The Doctor said:
New Super Mario said:

So how good it it?

And yes, they're at Gamestop. :D

Metroid Prime is my favourite game. I'd been throwing it in the air for a while but Sonic Generations is at 2 and Paper Mario TTYD is at 3.

It's just got an amazing atmosphere, you're alone on this place but you get the feeling that there are others and then bam space pirates and research facilities. The feel in the beginning (lonely, isolated, deserted, stuck in the wild kind of feel) feels very different from the end (phazon mines, lots of enemies, very 'man-made' areas). The controls are great and there are so many hidden upgrades to your health and missiles that are completely optional. The bosses actually seemed threatening because of their size and every upgrade opened up plenty of new options in previous areas. Fuck, Metroid prime is great, play it.

Also I played Metroid fusion and the 2D games are good but I enjoyed Prime far more.

it lost out to some other games on my top 10 list

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Allegiance
3. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
4. Ikaruga
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
7. Star Wars: Republic Commando
8. Fire Emblem: Awakening
9. Pokemon White
10. Metroid Prime

I can't say anything in this thread that wouldn't come across as biased fanboying.

just get it, it's amazing

Well I got it.

But fill me in. The plot is just really confusing me. I'm dropped off in some random location and I don't know what my goal is.

This is the first game, btw.

I got through the first boss but died when I ran out of time and had to start over (are there even any save stations in this first part?)

Thanks for answering.

Your mission is basically "find Meta Ridley and eliminate him".

...but what you really end up doing is going around following whatever your computer says is important (check the Map and the computer should point something out to you), which usually means you'll get a new item, which will trigger some new event, which will probably lead to another item, and so on and so forth.

New Super Mario said:
But fill me in. The plot is just really confusing me. I'm dropped off in some random location and I don't know what my goal is.
Welcome to Metroid.

NSM said:
I got through the first boss but died when I ran out of time and had to start over (are there even any save stations in this first part?)

Thanks for answering.
There is a save station on the left in the room before the Parasite Queen.

Back