Isn't Rules & Guidelines topic supposed to be pinned?

Yeah on the tabs under the logo. It goes Wiki, Chat, and then Rules.

I don't see any good reason at all to unstick it. Sometimes, whenever I register for a new forum, I look around for a rules and guidelines thread. It's pretty easy to oversee it, as what our friend did here.

Even if my reasoning is weak, there's potentially NO downsides for unstickying it.

Oh yeah! I see it now, but still wouldn't pinning it be a good idea?

Edit: when did you post o_O

My stupid computer tends to go in spasms of "Not responding" when I'm on the internet so please bear with me

Wait, but doesn't having a rules button everywhere in plain sight kind of defeat the purpose? Then again, there are new members who always start digging around without looking at what's right in front of them.

Or maybe when a new member is on for the first time, the rules tab could be bolded or something so that they can read them right away?

Driftmas said:
Wait, but doesn't having a rules button everywhere in plain sight kind of defeat the purpose? Then again, there are new members who always start digging around without looking at what's right in front of them.

You just admitted yourself that it doesn't defeat the purpose. Most forums have a designated stickied rules topic, so new users may search around before actually looking there. For example, KC-MM, another forum I occasionally go to, has both a Rules Tab and a stickied topic (also, the rules tab is easier to distinguish, thanks to images as well).

Again, there's no purpose of unstickying the topic, and leaving it there was fine the way it was. If it was so easy to see, some of us would have noticed this and a topic wouldn't have to be made.

Driftmas said:
Or maybe when a new member is on for the first time, the rules tab could be bolded or something so that they can read them right away?
and even if, looking at the pinned rules topic just before creating another topic may make the user read them.

Back