Unlockables

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I don't even want to give my opinions on this because it is on a very negative note I expect it to be very unpopular, resulting in most of the replies being nothing but people bashing and disagreeing with me.

And with that being said, I think I will just leave this topic up to you. If enough of you want to hear my opinions on this matter, I will decide to post them here. However, you will have to agree to be RESPECTFUL.

Anyway, how do you feel about unlockables?

PlayStation 4 said:
I don't get it, what is the point of this topic?
How do you feel about unlockables?

They are a good way of giving you some sort of reward for you playing the game. Makes you want to continue playing to unlock the rest of it. Although usually once you've unlocked it all, you've played all the game has to offer.

Well, if you had everything from the start, it would be no fun, right? Plus, unlockables are great for wondering what more is in the game that there isn't from the start.

I personally love unlockables because you strive to reach those goals, and it's a great way to increase the longitivity of how long a player will play that game.

Deku Link said:
Well, if you had everything from the start, it would be no fun, right? Plus, unlockables are great for wondering what more is in the game that there isn't from the start.

I personally love unlockables because you strive to reach those goals, and it's a great way to increase the longitivity of how long a player will play that game.
My thoughts exactly.

depends on whether the things i am unlocking are actually useful/cool

otherwise i don't feel any desire to do so

Deku Link said:

Basically this.

Dr. Javelin said:
depends on whether the things i am unlocking are actually useful/cool

otherwise i don't feel any desire to do so
this^

unless i'm attempting to 100% a game

Depends on the game. I feel unlockables in multiplayer games is pretty silly since the core game is from the MP and you're just wasting everybody's time by forcing them to play a half-arsed SP to get the content, or don't offer an alternative for people who only want to play the MP.

Otherwise I feel it is a nice reward.

Deku Link said:

My thoughts exactly.

Deku Link said:

agree with this

Toadlight Eightyfarkle said:
Depends on the genre of the game.........

Agreed, endless game like Brawl, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Party series. does not need unlockables I hate them!. Normal games like SMG needs lot of unlockables so you don't be bored.

Kazooie said:

Agreed, endless game like Brawl, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Party series. does not need unlockables I hate them!. Normal games like SMG needs lot of unlockables so you don't be bored.

I agree with this

Kazooie said:

I disagree with you about Brawl, unlocking characters in that game is satisfying. Without them, I probably would not have played it as much as I have.

Mario Sports Mix has a cheat code to unlock everything immediately. Unless you want to get them manually, you don't have to (unless it doesn't work for you for whatever reason).

But I agree with Mario Party unlockables, pretty unnecessary but I guess it's just a way of getting you to play through the game's single player to unlock it.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Kazooie said:

I disagree with you about Brawl, unlocking characters in that game is satisfying. Without them, I probably would not have played it as much as I have.

Mario Sports Mix has a cheat code to unlock everything immediately. Unless you want to get them manually, you don't have to (unless it doesn't work for you for whatever reason).

But I agree with Mario Party unlockables, pretty unnecessary but I guess it's just a way of getting you to play through the game's single player to unlock it.

Agreed. The difference between Brawl and Mario Party is the characters in Brawl actually play differently and are considerably varied in traits. In Mario Party all the characters are the same so you're not as motivated to get them.

Back