Mario Kart 7 Balloon Battle Arena (Group A finished!)

Re: Mario Kart 7 Balloon Battle Arena

Why does he want to "drive around, looking at all the battlers" anyway?

there's always a possibility that we can accidentally hit you though, as Icemario said

And having an extra player who's not actually playing could disrupt the scores as that would mean everyone would go up one place no matter what.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Why does he want to "drive around, looking at all the battlers" anyway?

Lynx, you didn't deny this so is this what you plan on doing? If it is, then I can see why it's a bad idea. You are literally in the way. The only thing you need to do that requires you to be in the game is get the end scores, nobodies going to hack for something like this so there's no need to be a referee.

Glaceon said:
And having an extra player who's not actually playing could disrupt the scores as that would mean everyone would go up one place no matter what.

An extra player that scores nothing will always be at the bottom and essentially non-existant to the end score, nobody goes up a place. 1st place doesn't go to 0th place/3rd place doesn't go to 2nd/etc.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Glaceon said:

An extra player that scores nothing will always be at the bottom and essentially non-existant to the end score, nobody goes up a place. 1st place doesn't go to 0th place/3rd place doesn't go to 2nd/etc.

That does make sense, I suppose. Really, the only bad idea now is the driving around part. That wouldn't bode well.

maybe the referee staying in a part of the arena where they're more unlikely to get hit will work. "looking at the battlers" seems pretty useless anyway.

In some arenas it's hard not to do that. Like that one battle course with lava, for example.

Really, the easy solution is to have everyone tell the host the results of each battle and the final results, but it'd probably be better for the host to know and see for themselves but eh.

Big Donut? There's 4 sort of blocks on the level so he can just hide behind one of them. It's not a perfect solution but if he hides behind one that has coins behind it and not item boxes then he should be fine. The chances of you going past him and hitting him are slim that way, still there, but significantly less than if he's out in the open for some red shells to hit.

Coins? Wasn't this Balloon Battle?

Though yeah, Big Donut. Either way, that would reduce the chances but the unlikely possibility of him getting hit and giving some players an unfair advantage looms, especially as this is Balloon Battle. Even the mere existence of him may make players hit him accidentally at the sight of a player, and if he's occupying a side of the wall in Big Donut, he could easily fall victim to an impulsive attack.

Glaceon said:
Coins? Wasn't this Balloon Battle?

Though yeah, Big Donut. Either way, that would reduce the chances but the unlikely possibility of him getting hit and giving some players an unfair advantage looms, especially as this is Balloon Battle. Even the mere existence of him may make players hit him accidentally at the sight of a player, and if he's occupying a side of the wall in Big Donut, he could easily fall victim to an impulsive attack.

Aren't coins used to speed up your character slightly? I thought they were still present in balloon battle but I haven't played it in months so I could be wrong.

I got rid of rule 2, i'm going to go somewhere where i will less likely get hit.

I'm still paranoid, but I'll take part now that disruption has been minimized.

Sorry for double posting but.

I think i'm going to have to start this in March or April because rarely anybody is signing up.

Re: Mario Kart 7 Balloon Battle Arena (Sign Ups Taken)

maybe you should note that the times are EST (i assume that's what you're referring to) so people know the timezone

Re: Mario Kart 7 Balloon Battle Arena (Sign Ups Taken)

if the timezones are EST then it'll be 3:30am for me.

If that's the case then I'll drop out, I'm not staying up that late.

Back