Steven Universe

for a week?

I think that's setting the bar too high. My guess is one episode. Maybe two if we're lucky.

Actually, it's just gonna be a still image of Garnet, giving us a thumbs-down.

It will be that, but only for 2 minutes. Right after those 2 minutes are up, it will go to a picture with a voice that says "Steven Universe has been cancelled to make room for more Teen Titans Go!"

Jokes and memes aside though, I'm hoping that we will get one episode per week for at least a month or two(hopefully more) when the show returns.

Oh yeah, Steven Universe! I got into season 4 before I quit watching. I may start watching again, but I have no plan to.

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Steven Universe. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of geology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Stevens positive outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from possibly every single positive character from any show, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Steven Universe truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Steven (and his fathers) catchphrase “If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn’t have hot dogs,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Stevens Mother, because if she was perfect they wouldn’t have Steven. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Rebecca Sugar’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Steven Universe tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid."

-Some person in Steven Universe Gemposting

I had a dream. I was watching a tv show about a young boy who lived together with his three alien caretakers. A boy who inherited the legacy of his mother, a rebel leader, wanted by her homeland for the crime of high treason. A boy who would have to shoulder the burden that his mother could not, to pay for the crimes that she would not face. It was a good show offering compelling mysteries, interesting characters, and a rich and diverse world with many secrets to uncover.

It felt so real, it was hard to believe that it was just a dream.

But I checked, and no such tv show had been released in a long time. So I must conclude that I imagined it all.

I wish that such a show would exist.

think it's safe to say that Lapis is now the most hated character in Steven Universe. In addition to her being unreasonable and edgy in the past(thought most of the fans let stuff like how she went from saying "I was horrible," to "*smart-ass tone*I almost drowned a lot of people," slide for some reason), she has now abandoned her friends and taken the barn with her. Even though she was trying to hide from another potential war on Earth, this is what either gets the fans to hate or at least what makes her haters' opinions more popular.

Steven Universe...

The words echoed into my head slowly, faintly, barely a whisper above the humming of my nearby fan.

New episodes...

"New episodes..."? What could that mean...? It was almost as if I had woken up from some sort of fever dream, the thoughts cloudy, inky in front of my eyes. Groaning, my eyelids fluttered open, tentative to the dim streetlight illuminating into my window. I reached for my alarm clock, and groggily saw the green time: 3:43 am. It was early, of course. I was still mostly asleep, tugged away in a fantasy world.

Pink Diamond...

For a moment, I swear I could see something. A flash of pink, ice cream... A child with a crested star? No, I thought, the nighttime images were nothing but illusions, flights of fancy. Only the imagination of one half-here and half-there. And yet, the idea felt so close... And yet, so very very distant...

Homeworld...

As I pondered, the thoughts begin to dilute and became elusive to my subconscious. Slowly the world began to shrink and weigh down with my heavy eyelids, and soon the world gave away, and I too, into a new dream.

what the fuck even is the Steven universe release schedule

i legitimately have stopped paying attention to this because it's too frustrating to pay attention to a show this erratic. have the latest episodes even been good

I wish they'd just stockpile like 10 episodes then dump them all out at once instead of doing like 3 once a week, then dropping two episodes with plot bombs, then disappearing for 5 years.

is this worth keeping up with

it's just kind of become homestuck for me where it got so complicated by so sporadic that it's hard for me to care about, except steven universe was still good when i left, so im sad

Nabber said:
is this worth keeping up with

it's just kind of become homestuck for me where it got so complicated by so sporadic that it's hard for me to care about, except steven universe was still good when i left, so im sad
currently, SU can't properly balance "filler" episodes properly with episodes that actually continue the story you care about and the plot is advancing at a geological pace,
so it hasn't changed at all really since you dropped off :^

the problem SU has is that, in its early stages, the crystal gem/beach city adventures carried the same weight of interest, but over time the crystal gem plotline has morphed into an intergalactic expedition featuring shocking existential revelations about the protagonist and his close companions, while the beach city episodes still focus on, idk, mayor dewey getting a part time job. it still transitions between these plotlines at a snap like it did in s1, though the imbalance is very noticeable now and will continue to be that way until they can somehow bring the collective beach city plotlines up a notch because they're still several seasons behind in terms of who gives a shit

edit: i do have to say there is one exception to the beach city episodes and that's sadie's s5 arc which is meaningful in a lot of ways but it still kinda pales to the gem stuff

right now we're leaning towards endgame but not actually endgame since there's probably a 6th season on the way, but you could probably wait until s5 finishes and binge watch it then (in an estimated 4 years at the rate we're getting episodes, mind).

it's still a great show and i wouldn't say it's gotten overly complicated, but it's honestly difficult to enjoy with its currently ridiculously broken schedule and that doesn't help the plot imbalance

2257 said:
2 episodes of steven universe came out yesterday, which was unexpected

unlike what happened in the episodes
im glad they didnt pull a gravity falls and backpedal the whole plotline once it was discovered by the fans and just let the reveal happen as expected. rotating her gem feels like such a cop-out though, since it's never before been shown that gems can do that until pd did it

pink diamond's motivation for becoming rose quartz has certainly kicked the hornet's nest since the whole gem genocide is now a tragedy of her own doing

i appreciate the nuance this gives to the story but at the same time this reveal should've happened at least a season and a half ago
right now it's just "great"

Back