Steven Universe

There are five episodes in total, yes.

well i unashamedly watched the whole thing

man this is going to be the /best/ stevenbomb ever because, well everything. this doesn't feel like a bomb at all, more like an extended episode because for once there's absolutely zero filler and the developments/lore are what we've been waiting for for like, years

in this bomb alone
- steven finally questions the gems authority over him for better/worse
- we go to the pallaquin
- we see blue diamond in full
- we see blue diamond's spaceship in full
- we go to space, not specifically homeworld but we finally got to see plot developments occur not in beach city
- we discover there's a human colony light years away
- we meet the beta/alpha kindergarten gems and amethyst befriends them
- we find out all the rose quartzes have been bubbled
- YELLOW DIAMOND SINGS
- pearl delivers the best comeuppance EVER

also besides the point but it seems cartoon network had every intention to put the episodes online like that, and they were technically not leaked. still incredibly stupid imo

also besides the point but it seems cartoon network had every intention to put the episodes online like that, and they were technically not leaked. still incredibly stupid imo
what's especially aggravating is that cartoon network can't remove the episodes either, because then even more people who are interested in the bomb would have to illegally stream it and not support the creators at all. I just can't fathom why they would do this because

1. it's frankly unprofessional
2. it's a slap to the face to the creators
3. it's more hints that cartoon network is mistreating this show in favor of its cash cow, teen titans go

at this rate, I'm starting to think that this show won't even get a proper conclusion before it's given the axe

Rohan Kishibe said:
in this bomb alone
- steven finally questions the gems authority over him for better/worse
- we go to the pallaquin
- we see blue diamond in full
- we see blue diamond's spaceship in full
- we go to space, not specifically homeworld but we finally got to see plot developments occur not in beach city
- we discover there's a human colony light years away
- we meet the beta/alpha kindergarten gems and amethyst befriends them
- we find out all the rose quartzes have been bubbled
- YELLOW DIAMOND SINGS
- pearl delivers the best comeuppance EVER

We also got introduced to a new gem caste with Agates, which seem to have some sort of sergeant/supervisor function. Also, it is hinted that the intended purpose of Lapises is terraforming planets, presumably getting rid of the excess water after the planet is hollowed out.

So I waited to watch the new Steven Universe on television, rather than online, and I must say I'm incredibly satisfied.
This might just be me, but the song the Pearls started singing was very... Unsettling. There is a theory going about that they know the corruption song, but I'm curious what your thoughts are. Personally, I believe that, while the song certainly sounds like what a corruption song would sound like, wouldn't the Pearls began corrupting each other?

I think it's more a song meant to calm your emotions. The way Yellow Diamond turns away and forcefully starts humming it to herself right before she would have broken down in tears gives that impression. It can't really be a corruption song, because that would mean Yellow Diamond ordered her Pearl to corrupt Blue Diamond, which wouldn't make sense.

It is possible that the Diamonds have a whole variety of songs that serve different purposes.

It was never confirmed as the corruption song, but if you're asking where it originates from, is from the episode Monster Reunion where Centipeedle explains its past

I saw a theory saying that the credits song from the past few episodes is the one used for the corruption. I'm willing to support it considering it wouldn't have any other meaning.

Oh my god I love Steven Universe my friend got me into it. Amethyst is the best character (and Ultimate Wingman) but I love Lapis and peridot too.

Rocknaldo had its moments but was for the most part the worst episode we've had since onion gang

i cant tell whats better though, the fandom being salty over no new gem or the fandom trying to analyse everything ronaldo says because he's the biggest foreshadower(?) in the show

"1000s of gems combined into one" "one gem crushed and in my blood"

if these actually become real things then it'll take me a while to forgive su for this obviously illegal level of foreshadowing

I kind of liked past ronaldo episodes, especially crashing skies, but even I didn't like this episode. there was just this air of meanspiritedness that almost never shows up on su

and what really grinds my gears is that nothing happened, even for a ronaldo episode. calling it filler would be an understatement

Wow, that kind of makes me afraid of watching it.

I have a hard time stomaching regular Ronaldo episodes already. How soul-scarring must a BAD one be?

like gbatoad said it does has its good moments, mainly the jokes

but rocknaldo just feels like a rehash of other ronaldo episodes that doesn't have any place

It does sort of seem like a reminder of some poor behavior that those in the SU fandom, and other fandoms, have exhibited in the past and present.
From TVtropes' recap page:
  • Does This Remind You of Anything?: Ronaldo starts pretending to be a Gem, expects the Gems to cater to him when doing their duties, gets upset over Connie's presence and claims that he should have Rose's Sword instead of her, and eventually kicks Steven out of his own house. It's similar to the toxic vocal minorities in fandoms who proclaim a show's values but do little to actually act on them, sometimes even doing the exact opposite of what they preach. Similarities can also be drawn towards cultural appropriation, and the concept of a self-described ally speaking over the minority group they're attempting to support; Ronaldo's accusation that he thought the Crystal Gems were about love and acceptance when Steven calls out his behavior particularly echoes how hypocritical allies and opponents react to being called out for their behavior.

After the whole Stronger than You parody incident, I think that an episode like this was necessary.

Tsareena said:
After the whole Stronger than You parody incident, I think that an episode like this was necessary.
I don't pay much attention to the fandom, so I'm not familiar with this incident. What happened?

There was a Stronger than You parody written which revolved around Sans from Undertale. It got wildly popular and it's a good parody, in my opinion. Well written and performed. But the Steven Universe fandom was getting annoyed at how much recognition it was getting.

It reached its peak when somebody noticed the Sans parody was the top result on Google instead of the original song.

The Steven Universe fandom blew up. I came across Steven Universe saying they were going to "Destroy the Undertale fandom" and mocking everybody who liked Undertale.

It was not good.

It is really quite disturbing how a cartoon about love, positivity, and acceptance attracts such a hateful element.

guys, it's tumblr. they literally couldn't matter less in the grand scheme of things if they tried, don't give them attention.

I watched the Ronaldo episode. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be.

Maybe it's because I built it up as something incredibly horrifying and the actual episode wasn't as bad as the one in my head? Or maybe it's because Ronaldo actually legitimately got called out on his bullshit properly for once, instead of it being played off as silly, harmless antics. It's probably a combination of both.

As for the meta commentary: There's probably no other way the episode could have been without compromising the message. So all in all, I guess I'm ok with the episode.

I really liked Tiger Millionaire and I'm really glad it got a sequel that resolved everything. Amethyst is the best character after all

With StevenBomb 6 on the way, Cartoon Network has released this promo:

*bleep*'s about to go down

Back