in the meantime

57a.png

why

2257 said:
i think the next two episodes leaked or something? idk

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4byeyo

here it is, anyway

lapis's total lack of giving a shit is excellent

Cartoon Network France decided that it was going to show three episodes this weekend (Barn Mates and Hit the Diamond yesterday, and then Steven floats today).

Knowing me, I couldn't help but watch it, since technically it's not leaked since it was actually broadcasted.

Barn Mates - Lapis totally remaining my favorite. I loved the dialogue in this episode, and I loved how she blushed at the end. When she was talking about how water was her tomb, damn. "I'm taking a break from water" just sounded like such a hipster thing to say. Give me all of Lapis.

Hit the Diamond - We thought Keystone Motel was gay. It got one up'd by The Answer. I did not think the show would get any gayer. Yet here we are with this episode. Ruby and Sapphire interactions made everything so beautiful. "Come to me" I couldn't stop smiling. Not to mention so subtle ships with Pearl and Amethyst, and then Lapis and that one Ruby. Lapis high fived ruby! One of my favorite episodes right here. And when they did the "Humans" and got to "Bob", I lost it. The joke has come full circle. I love how Lapis just didn't give a fuck during that baseball game whatsoever. And those five rubies were all amazing, especially the one that was flamboyant. Wasn't that big on how ignorant they were, but whatever. And then of course when Pearl shook her head as they asked where Jasper was made me die, since she was the only one that actually tried to grab her. "Whoops". Honestly this episode just pushed all the boundaries with love, and I love it.

Steven Floats - Summary of the episode in the title. We definitely need so more laid-back episodes to make up the fact that almost all the episodes since Catch and Release has been super plot heavy, and I almost forget about what Beach City was like when we got there. Definitely felt reminiscent of the first season, especially with how the gems and Steven interacted. "Oh, I'm thinking of Lapis" Oh Amethyst. Pearl's reaction was great. Garnet of course would break Kofi's car (throwback to when she wrecked the pizza sign). I thought it was super ironic that they put a boat on him, since the episode made us think it would be him in the boat. "I would have liked a hug" Pearl is definitely second fav gem.

I will wait till June to update my gifs, but definitely a ton of great Lapis stuff in these episodes!!

Nabber said:
man i don't know whether i should watch or not

I suggest that whatever you do, still tune into the shows when they air, just to help with ratings and stuff. I'm glad CN is actually showing commercials for Steven Universe and making it seem like they care, but it would be cool if they gave up a bit of the 65% of their airtime for Teen Titans Go! to more Steven Universe (since it's basically never on anymore).

Also, I guess after In Too Deep is over (June 2) there'll be a mini-hiatus (about a week or two) and then start with Steven Floats at the end of June/beginning of July (my guess is June 30th), which will then begin the "Summer of Steven". Don't quote me on this, since I've read many different things, but it seems like - at least until fall - we'll have a new Steven Universe once a week, which will be nice for a change.

So, the "Summer of Steven" is now called "Steven Universe Summer Adventures".

It's airing every weekday starting on Monday, July 18th, and it will air the rest of the third season, meaning that it'll probably end somewhere early-mid August.

I mean, I guess I shouldn't complain because so much Steven Universe, and I will love it, but I don't know why they didn't just give it to us at a weekly basis since it's obvious they had a ton of the episodes done for awhile now, like how Barn Mates had promos shown during the Stevenbomb in January, 4 months before it aired.

There are many things coming, but Cartoon Network has managed to spoil a song from one of the episodes, and a MAJOR spoiler that is as bad - if not worse - as the Malachite x Alexandrite spoiler we got.

It seems it'll address Greg and Pearl's relationship, and given that dancing is a key compotent with fusion, I'm sure that's why Pearl acted as such.

So Bismuth is finally unbubbled (presuming), and Amethyst is going to reform before that episode. All I know is that Lapis is not going to be happy seeing this gem again, and I'm sure that we'll find out why Bismuth was bubbled in the first place.

Also, Bismuth's voice actress is one of the actresses from OITNB, and it'll be a half-hour special title "Bismuth".

For semi-spoiler stuff, here's the promo for "Steven Universe Summer Adventures".

Happy Lapis, yay! Also Stevonnie!! <3

Man, I'm glad we're finally getting a ton of Steven Universe. I just know it'll suck because getting an entire season in like a month is going to be rough when it ends, because Season 4 probably won't start til 2017 with our luck.

holy shit i am so excited
and that spoiler O M G

but i am sad because after this ends we likely won't get new steven until next year at the earliest :(

To be honest, I'm not really feeling Bismuth. She looks... too human. Like, all the other gems look visually distinct from the other humans, but Bismuth kinda doesn't. Like, in some way she reminds me of Sadie's mom wearing a rainbow wig and body paint.

I guess it's the shape of the face? I don't know.

Dr. Alphys said:
To be honest, I'm not really feeling Bismuth. She looks... too human. Like, all the other gems look visually distinct from the other humans, but Bismuth kinda doesn't. Like, in some way she reminds me of Sadie's mom wearing a rainbow wig and body paint.

I guess it's the shape of the face? I don't know.

I'll be honest, my first thought was "...that looks like fanart..." when I saw her design.

like pretty much everyone else on the internet i'm subscribing to the idea that Bismuth is a blacksmith because of her apron and yeah I agree that the design is simple, but honestly i don't mind it since i'm a sucker for rainbows tbh and the gem in her chest is unique

also i can't help but wonder if the simple design is because of (next spoiler tag)
The fact that its supposed to be a 22-minute long special simply titled 'Bismuth'
and people are speculating that because this happy reintroduction seemingly happens at the beginning of the episode because its a promo

that bismuth is going to end up turning against the crystal gems somehow and either leave or get bubbled again by the end of the episode anyway

still doesn't excuse the design from being so simple to begin with, if anything you'd think it'd be more complex, but idk

I doubt she's evil, given the context that this show has no "villains" per se, and that all the enemies slowly get redemned, and I think crewniverse has stated Jasper will get a redemption too.

But there is a reason why Bismuth was bubbled inside Lion's Mane. It's obvious that she kept it away from the other gems, but left it where Steven would fine it. There'll definitely be something with Bismuth that made Rose not unbubble her, even when the war ended. Some theories speculate that she's an extremist, attacking anyone that is not a crystal gem, even bystanders such as Lapis Lazuli, if she was the one that attacked Lapis (which seems very likely since that was our first sight of a bismuth).

There is nothing that makes her seem like she'll turn on Pearl and Garnet, especially given how close she is to everyone. My thoughts on the episode is that we'll learn about Bismuth, what happened during the war with Bismuth, maybe learn about Rose a bit more, and Bismuth getting used to the new surroundings. We'll also probably learn how all the other crystal gems were killed/monsterized, and given from "Same Old World" the big explosion after all the homeworld gems left, we might get some information on what happened with that. I think she'll be similar to many of the fusions where they'll appear once in a blue moon, probably having Bismuth leave to a different place on the earth to help find her friends as monsters.

There has to be something wrong with Bismuth that made Rose wait to unbubble her. Was it to protect her, or to protect others? I am just not convinced she's bad; maybe different ideals that clash, but she seems very "pro-earth" with everything that I doubt she'll betray the crystal gems.

tumblr_oa84q6TcEu1smn4pqo1_1280.jpg

this is going to be incredible

I apologise for, as someone who has yet to watch an episode of the series, posting here right now (and thus did not read anything else for fear of spoilers). I am posting here to ask something regarding this series.

I am interested in watching this series, but at the same time, I wanted this series to finish before I start watching (much like I did with Gravity Falls) because I don't want to get hung up on cliffhangers. Would this series finish soon, or would it likely have more adventures to come as to have a delayed closure?

Thanks for reading.

there really isn't a closure in sight atm. its been renewed for two more 26 episode seasons and we still have the rest of this season to get through in the next marathon, so it'll probably be at least 1-2 years before it completely finishes imo

also:
Lapis Lazuli said:
The Steven on my right makes me nervous for what to come.
can you imagine how much hype there would be with that steven on the far left if bismuth wasn't leaked

GBAToad said:
there really isn't a closure in sight atm. its been renewed for two more 26 episode seasons and we still have the rest of this season to get through in the next marathon, so it'll probably be at least 1-2 years before it completely finishes imo

Not to mention that they said that, even though it's not renewed, they plan for a season 6, but that won't be till 2018 or so.

GBAToad said:
can you imagine how much hype there would be with that steven on the far left if bismuth wasn't leaked

I actually do wish we weren't shown that, but I'm not as disappointed as the Malachite vs. Alexandrite battle. I would have been so much more hyped had I not spent 2 months watching it over and over.

Also, I wonder if it was just me, but it was weird looking at that spoiler. I think because Amethyst has a new form, so it felt like as though this was so much later in the show than where we left off (which it probably will be).

I want it to be monday. I'm ready to get my 4 weeks of Steven Universe and then cry for 6-7 months waiting.

off to a good start

but marty's an asshole tbh, ruining his own son's concert for a crappy soda ("IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD WITH CHIPS") is hilariously stupid

holy shit what an amazing episode tonight

!!! Pearl in a suit !!!

also her solo song might be even better than stronger than you, what an amazing song

That episode. I cried.

It literally deserves an award. Just look at the amazing animation and emotion singing in this:

Also, here's a brief 13 seconds of what I assume is for monster reunion. I would avoid watching unless you're like me who can't get enough su.

pearl is starting to become my favorite, I can tell

that rotating shot during her song was one of the best the show's ever had. all of these songs were great in their own way, really

Great concept for an episode. To be honest though, I'd have liked if there was a bit more focus devoted to the actual conversation between Pearl and Greg. I mean, there's been years of tension between them, and the way it was resolved in just a couple lines felt kind of... I don't know, lackluster. Compared to the scene where Pearl and Garnet talked about themselves after the Sardonyx incident(which wasn't that much longer, but had much more poignant lines), it was missing substance.

Maybe part of the problem was them trying to cram four songs into an 11 minute episode. Pearl's song was pretty good, but was there need for three more on top of that? Like, if the conversation between Pearl and Greg wasn't framed by a song, maybe there could have been more to it than "I understand why you hate me" "I don't hate you, I hate the fact that Rose fell in love with you" "Oh well, Rose always did her own thing".

I really want to like the episode, it's got a good idea, but it was a bit too clumsy with its execution. So all in all, I think it was just ok.

Back