DS Ripoffs from the 64

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Super Mario 64 DS started it all, triggering those ripoff games that are just rumours, like Paper Mario DS and Donkey Kong 64 DS. Geez, like, you could almost do that with ANY game out there! (Mario Golf 64 DS, Mario Tennis 64 DS, blahblahblah)

Discuss.

Garlic Man said:
Super Mario 64 DS started it all, triggering those ripoff games that are just rumours, like Paper Mario DS and Donkey Kong 64 DS. Geez, like, you could almost do that with ANY game out there! (Mario Golf 64 DS, Mario Tennis 64 DS, blahblahblah)

Discuss.
Well, they DID remake Rayman 2 for the DS...

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
The second Rayman game. It was for the N64 and Playstation.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
What's Rayman?

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
What's Rayman?
You've got to be kidding me.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
What's Rayman?
I really don't know...

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
What's Rayman?
I really don't know...
How long have you been living under a rock?

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
What's Rayman?
I really don't know...

Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:

Discuss.
What's Rayman 2?
What's Rayman?
I really don't know...

LOL...

Paper Mario DS... does that have an article on the Wiki?

yeah it does, but it was de-bunked and still at the moment is only a rumor

Free Loader said:
I hated Super Mario 64 DS and Diddy Kong Racing DS, when the DS got released I was worried Nintendo was just going to treat it like a handheld N64(sadly what happened with the GBA, being treated like somewhere to play SNES games...)... drrrrrrrr
I remembered that you remotely disliked it, but hate? Isn't that a biit exaggerated?

I don't think so, the D pad screwed with controls for Super Mario 64 DS, and Diddy Kong racing's adventure mode was a joke compared to how hard the first one was (either that or I sucked at racing games when I was a kid....)

Rosalina Spalko said:
I don't think so, the D pad screwed with controls for Super Mario 64 DS, and Diddy Kong racing's adventure mode was a joke compared to how hard the first one was (either that or I sucked at racing games when I was a kid....)
SM64DS was a disgrace to the original... :(

Garlic Man said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
IMO the controls weren't that bad.
Is there anything else that's bad about it?
(and yes, I think the difficulty is [almost] perfect)

PaperStriker said:
Garlic Man said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
Control was pretty much the thing that annoyed me the most. If they had made SM64DS on the 64(hmm, what?), then maybe it would've been better. The way to control the camera, how you have to press Y to dash, they were just too inconveinient on the DS.

Garlic Man said:
PaperStriker said:
Garlic Man said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
Control was pretty much the thing that annoyed me the most. If they had made SM64DS on the 64(hmm, what?), then maybe it would've been better. The way to control the camera, how you have to press Y to dash, they were just too inconveinient on the DS.
3 modes of control and all suck? (OK, one is for lefties only)

PaperStriker said:
Garlic Man said:
PaperStriker said:
Garlic Man said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
3 modes of control and all suck? (OK, one is for lefties only)
Yep.

Free Loader said:
Another thing that probably hasn't been brought up for a year or two is that they left the "64" in Super Mario 64 DS... The name is incredibly unoriginal.

The year is 2398, and Nintendo has just release the Nintendo Lii III(that "Lee The Third". On it, people are playing Super Mario 64 DS Wii II Gamegear Super Nintendo Lolboard Ultrawalker on virtual console...
LOL

Free Loader said:
Another thing that probably hasn't been brought up for a year or two is that they left the "64" in Super Mario 64 DS... The name is incredibly unoriginal.

The year is 2398, and Nintendo has just release the Nintendo Lii III(that "Lee The Third". On it, people are playing Super Mario 64 DS Wii II Gamegear Super Nintendo Lolboard Ultrawalker on virtual console...
Now THAT was funny. :D

Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:

Now THAT was funny. :D
Super Ultra Improved New Super Mario Bros. DX II... RETURNS!!!

Free Loader said:

LOL.
At a rate like this, I think they would've released about... 1 EarthBound game in Europe.

Smiddle said:
Free Loader said:

LOL.
At a rate like this, I think they would've released about... 1 EarthBound game in Europe.
Nope. Just nope. No way. They'd rather make 12 remake-remake-remakes of triple remakes for an adaptation of Mario 64 than Earthbound.

Halvin said:
Smiddle said:
Free Loader said:

LOL.
Nope. Just nope. No way. They'd rather make 12 remake-remake-remakes of triple remakes for an adaptation of Mario 64 than Earthbound.
I meant that they can make both.

Smiddle said:
Halvin said:
Smiddle said:
Free Loader said:

LOL.
I meant that they can make both.
In other words...

Nintendo keeps its own favorite series up. That's why there's so many Mario games...

Back