Let other Holidays have personal space, Christmas!

DragonFreak said:
I come from a long line of lame people.
apparently a lot of people do on this forum

people, either get better parents or just say they're good parents, because this is getting re-e-diculous, this is like the seventh guy who's said his parents suck, and, I've gotta say, it's a massive downer

and i came to this forum to be happy, but you guys are making me feel down, why's it gotta be this way

anyway let's see if we can re-rail this topic train

uhm ok, Christmas deserves to overtake this holiday, because Halloween is just bad

almost as bad as valentines day, it's the father of all non-holidays, valentines is the mother, April fools is the fun uncle who's actually alright if you hang around with him enough, but he's still not a holiday, so you're gonna want to get outta there soon

wait

so hang on, I said "you" there, does that mean that "you" the reader are a non-holiday? ah shit I don't know man, I gotta get outta here

the war on christmas is real

and christmas is winning

already christmas has penetrated deep into october, past halloween

we need to rally our forces and push christmas back to black friday

Uniju said:
I guess he's just going to have to get a job making toys.
Back and I have to make toys now.
Hawlucha said:
the war on christmas is real

and christmas is winning

already christmas has penetrated deep into october, past halloween

we need to rally our forces and push christmas back to black friday
Why have war on Christmas? This is why we can't have nice things.

When it comes to the first post, I totally agree.

No matter where in Texas I've lived (moved 3 times, about to be 4), we get Chrismas commercials usually starting before it even is Halloween, and Christmas music plays until March in every grocery and dollar store.

Other than that, I'm excited.

I saw an SNL sketch where Kenan Thompson yelled at people who celebrated Christmas too early. It reminded me of this thread.

Shrek Guy said:
commercial of a Gingerbread Man sneaking up on a woman then saying something along the lines of, "Don't let the Holidays sneak up you. Christmas is closer than you think"

I've also seen that commercial and it was actually one for Kmart's Christmas layaway. In fact, I've even seen the quote "Christmas is closer than you think" on a Meijer billboard on the same named major road that passes close to my house, but in a neighboring city.

Plus, one of the FM stations in my market always switches to all-Christmas mode during around the first or second Thursday in November and has for years. In fact, every year, about three-quarters of their Christmas playlist has remained exactly the same--this includes several Christmas songs by the Carpenters, the Peanuts theme song "Linus and Lucy" (probably because it's technically a Christmas song), the 1966 version of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" and some others.

Back