The Autism Corner

Alexneushoorn

I got a crush on Sonic the Hedgehog.
Banned User
For people who have autism, like me. We understand each other, and help each other during hard times. What troubles you the most with autism?

Expressing my emotions.

The fact that I can get really stressed and angry sometimes.

The fact that people use words like "troubles" or "struggle" in association with it.

It's not cancer or heart disease or something with huge life-threatening ramifications. Our brains are just wired differently. No need to go nuts over it.

My brother has the more low-functioning autism, not just aspberger's (is that how you spell it?), which isn't even that bad really.

We're going to the "Walk for Autism" in Madison Sunday too, so yay.

(plus it has the coolest looking ribbon ever)

New Super Mario said:
My brother has the more low-functioning autism, not just aspberger's (is that how you spell it?), which isn't even that bad really.
Asperger's is considered high functioning autism, which is what I have. High functioning is exponentially times better than low functioning.

キノピオ八十五 said:
The fact that people use words like "troubles" or "struggle" in association with it.

It's not cancer or heart disease or something with huge life-threatening ramifications. Our brains are just wired differently. No need to go nuts over it.
just because it's not life-threatening doesn't mean it still doesn't impact on people's lives

From memory, there were a great number of active users who had autism. I was really surprised when I found out about some people who I knew fairly well who had the condition.

I have oh so many issues due to it. I get stressed alot, I have thinking pattern problems, and tons more.

Mr. Grumpy said:
From memory, there were a great number of active users who had autism. I was really surprised when I found out about some people who I knew fairly well who had the condition.

So was I.

i really don't have much trouble with my autism

I feel like i'm doing the best I can in life, I feel like a normal person every single day. The only effect it has on me is my enhanced imagination, which I'd say is a massive up.

My problem with autism is that I'm always all alone, and have no friends whatsoever. Which is why I come up with my own imginary friends, so that I still have some form of friends.

Street Goomba said:
I'm always all alone, and have no friends whatsoever. Which is why I come up with my own imginary friends, so that I still have some form of friends.

It doesn't mean much coming from me but I understand those feelings in some way.

I'm sorry you've gone through something like that...

Radagast the Brown said:
I feel like i'm doing the best I can in life, I feel like a normal person every single day. The only effect it has on me is my enhanced imagination, which I'd say is a massive up.
That's definitely a positive which shows :)

Junko Enoshima said:
Street Goomba said:
I'm always all alone, and have no friends whatsoever. Which is why I come up with my own imginary friends, so that I still have some form of friends.

It doesn't mean much coming from me but I understand those feelings in some way.

I'm sorry you've gone through something like that...

Ok. It's good that someone understands my feelings.

you know what's even worse? people who think autism is a handicap. also, alex, sorry to hear that dude. i also had that. well, except for the imaginary friends part. i was basically a nobody, a loser, a good target, ALL BECAUSE OF MY DAMN NAME. having autism didn't help very much either. for some reason i had to go to a christian school. i have to say, those were the worst years i ever had in my entire life. i got spit on, i got things stolen from me, every day after school these two guys would beat me up and chase me, and being neglected by almost everyone. but then, when i turned 8 i got to go to a school for other people who had autism. luckily, everything went uphill from there on out. i made a lot of friends, got really good grades, and the sorts. but then, high school happened four years later. i was left yet again with the neglecting, and the spitting. luckily, the other two things didn't happen. everything was weird from there on out, the next year i was actually really damn popular, but the year after that, this year, the popularity i had was suddenly gone. i don't know if it would be better or worse if i just went to a regular high school.

Street Goomba said:
My problem with autism is that I'm always all alone, and have no friends whatsoever. Which is why I come up with my own imginary friends, so that I still have some form of friends.
^This happens to me too

Anyways, my MAIN problem is overreacting. One preson said "Hey *rl name*" omce, and I rplied, "WHAT?!?!?! :mad:"

Hideyoshi said:
you know what's even worse? people who think autism is a handicap. also, alex, sorry to hear that dude. i also had that. well, except for the imaginary friends part. i was basically a nobody, a loser, a good target, ALL BECAUSE OF MY dang NAME. having autism didn't help very much either. for some reason i had to go to a christian school. i have to say, those were the worst years i ever had in my entire life. i got spit on, i got things stolen from me, every day after school these two guys would beat me up and chase me, and being neglected by almost everyone. but then, when i turned 8 i got to go to a school for other people who had autism. luckily, everything went uphill from there on out. i made a lot of friends, got really good grades, and the sorts. but then, high school happened four years later. i was left yet again with the neglecting, and the spitting. luckily, the other two things didn't happen. everything was weird from there on out, the next year i was actually really dang popular, but the year after that, this year, the popularity i had was suddenly gone. i don't know if it would be better or worse if i just went to a regular high school.

Sorry to hear that too, dude.

Duo said:
Street Goomba said:
^This happens to me too

Anyways, my MAIN problem is overreacting. One preson said "Hey *rl name*" omce, and I rplied, "WHAT?!?!?! :mad:"
you used a smiley irl

that's epic

Back