Ideas/Predictions/Suggestions for Mario Kart 8's retro tracks.

SKmaric

King Bowser
So we knew a while ago that Mario Kart 8 will be featuring courses from previous installments redone in HD and possibly using the anti-gravity gimmick (though the trailer doesn't show this, but it's a trailer for a reason), but here you can post some of your suggestions or ideas for courses you think should return in Mario Kart 8, weather it be you think it could work well with the anti-gravity gimmick (with changes made to do this obviously), the track could really do with a HD upgrade or you just liked the track in general and want to see it return. Any correct guesses and you get a cookie I guess.

Anyways, I don't really know if Nintendo's going to go with 16 retro tracks like last time, but y'know. Since we already know 3DS Music Park and Piranha Plant Slide and GCN Dry Dry Desert are definitely in the game, that leaves 13 spaces, but you can suggest as many as you'd like.

After that lengthy description, here are just some of the courses I'd like to see a return (I'm only going to include those that haven't already been a retro course for DS, Wii or 7 because they seem the least likely to return).

DS Rainbow Road. Because it's gotten the closest to anti gravity than any other track.
3DS Maka Wuhu Mountain Loop. Driving on the mountainside I guess? Wii Fit U will already give this a HD upgrade but hey, this is Mario Kart.
SNES Mario Circuit 4
GBA Bowser Castle 4. We've already gotten SNES MC and GBA BC 1, 2 and 3, so it would only make sense for these to return.
GCN Wario Stadium
GCN Mushroom City
N64 Toad's Turnpike. Driving on the walls could make for some interesting gameplay. Toss a Red Shell from the wall to a road-lubber but they can't get you back.
N64 Yoshi Valley. Why not add even more branching paths?
N64 Royal Raceway. Both other Raceways have been done, this was just my favourite of the 3.
Wii Toad's Factory. Same reason as Toad's Turnpike.
Wii Wario's Gold Mine. They could really make use of the singular railway and make use that as a risky yet helpful shortcut.

I know I've put multiple Wario and Toad themed courses, but these are mainly courses I'd like to make a return, and they're running out of courses they can use anyway unless they want to use some they've already made retro courses again, I didn't really put much critical thinking into this list. Also, the best thing would be is to release every single course in the series as DLC, upgraded to HD and such. I think it's unlikely but after seeing New Super Luigi U it's a slight possibility.

So now I'm done, let's hear some of your ideas.

I got Music Park and Piranha Plant Slide already for it which is great. If they were to add another one, I'd like to see DK Jungle.

Others, I want Yoshi Valley and Wario Colosseum. After that, I don't really care too much.

Could you tell me what's the topic on top and have you ever made a search?

A Rainbow Road
Tick-Tock Clock could work with anti-gravity
Yoshi's Valley

I think Baby Park would actually be quite crazy with 12 players.

I would also really like to see Yoshi Valley from Mario Kart 64, Tick Tock Clock from Mario Kart DS and DK's Snowboad Cross from Mario Kart Wii.(why so many haters)

I'd like to see Tick Tock Clock return.

Dorayaki said:
Could you tell me what's the topic on top and have you ever made a search?
This thread is dedicated to talking about retro tracks.

Do you mean people making their own retro tracks list? Here is my list of the retro tracks that I really would like to see in Mario Kart 8.

Shell Cup
Wii Toad's Factory
SNES Ghost Valley 1
GBA Riverside Park
GCN Dry Dry Desert (Confirmed)
Banana Cup
N64 Toad's Turnpike
3DS Melody Motorway (Confirmed)
Wii DK's Snowboard Cross
SNES Bowser Castle 2
Cloud Cup (I hope)
3DS Wuhu Island Loop
DS Shroom Ridge
GBA Cheese Land
GCN Wario Colosseum
Leaf Cup
3DS Piranha Plant Pipeway (Confirmed)
DS Tick-Tock Clock
GBA Cheep-Cheep Island
N64 Royal Raceway
Lightning Cup
DS Wario Stadium
SNES Mario Circuit 4
Wii Bowser's Castle
GCN Rainbow Road

I also really want to see Moonview Highway make a return, it is by far the most polished public road Mario Kart track.

Hey I don't want Baby Park to return if there are no special items rampaging through the course

Back