Boredom

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl
For the past couple of days, I've just felt like extremely bored, the only things that I can really enjoy are talking to friends (which is usually my gf since i don't talk to many people) or being on this forum...I find myself unable to play a game for more than an hour or two, I'll play it for a little bit than just get bored with it. I can't even watch my favorite movie, Spirited Away! I got a little bit into it and then I just lost interest, lost interest in a movie I absolutely love. I can watch like 1 or 2 youtube videos before I find myself closing the tab.

It's really bothering me, I've gone to bed earlier than normal 3 times now simply because I couldn't find anything to do. My inability to play a game for very long began after I beat F:NV but the rest has been very recent.

Boredom always been a concept that's interested me, especially my own, because I have so much I could be doing, games I want to play, movies I want to watch, just things I want to do, but I just have nothing driving me to do any of it. It isn't just laziness because I'm a bit desperate to do something, desperate to have fun, but sometimes things I really want to do, can't hold my interest for very long, and this is something that has always confused me.

What about you guys? Can any of you relate in any way?

(This topic isn't about my problems or anything its just a topic to discuss boredom btw.)

sometimes i get bored and stuff

a few years ago i had trouble getting to sleep and got all depressed and stuff and i never felt like doing anything so i guess it's safe to say i was bored then

Doesn't help that you can't update your mafia either I guess.

I try all that I can not to be bored, but fail at it constantly. Usually, I bounce back and find something to do, other times I get so irritated, I stomp around the house complaining about everything, acting like my not-so-inner 8-year-old.

I get bored, so I do all sorts of crazy stuff such as making new sprite sheets, trying to make a game via GameMaker (and failing) and 3D modeling. Oh and edit on the wiki and play an emulator for getting screenshots >_>

If I'm not actively working on a project or listening to something, playing something, e.t.c, I'm almost always bored.

Amphituber said:
If I'm not actively working on a project or listening to something, playing something, e.t.c, I'm almost always bored.

Doesn't that apply to nearly everyone?

Well, I mean that I'm nearly always bored if not doing something directly related to a fandom or idea of mine. Kinda unhealthy, now that I think about it.

generally i only get real bored when i'm grounded

When I get bored I just usually sit there and go over things in my head until I decide to do something

Back