Sad moments in Anime/Cartoons/TeeVee series/Movies

"Alfred: Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Bruce: You haven't given up on me yet.
Alfred: Never."

Check the third spoiler for why this is sad.

Bruce: The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?
Alfred: Yes.
Bruce: How?
Alfred: We burned the forest down.

This scene just makes me sad. Probably because Alfred told this story to Bruce, and Bruce automatically assumed that there was an easy solution to his story. Sadly enough, they had to burn the whole forest down to stop the criminal, essentially what Bruce has to do in the end.

Alfred: I'll get this to Mr. Fox, but no more. I've sewn you up, I've set your bones, but I won't bury you. I've buried enough members of the Wayne family.
Bruce: You'll leave me?
Alfred: You see only one end to your journey. Leaving is all I have to make you understand, you're not Batman anymore. You have to find another way. You used to talk about finishing a life beyond that awful cape.
Bruce: Rachel died believing that we would be together; that was my life beyond the cape. I can't just move on. She didn't, she couldn't.
Alfred: What if she had? What if, before she died, she wrote a letter saying she chose Harvey Dent over you? And what if, to spare your pain, I burnt that letter?
Bruce: How dare you use Rachel to try to stop me?
Alfred: I am using the truth, Master Wayne. Maybe it's time we all stop trying to outsmart the truth and let it have its day. I'm sorry.
Bruce: You're sorry? You expect to destroy my world and then think we're going to shake hands?
Alfred: No... no, I know what this means.
Bruce: What does it mean?
Alfred: It means your hatred... and it also means losing someone that I have cared for since I first heard his cries echo through this house. But it might also mean saving your life. And that is more important.
Bruce: Goodbye, Alfred.

The first spoiler states how Alfred would never give up on Bruce. This scene is sad enough without knowing that Alfred has essentially been pushed to his limits in taking care of Bruce and looking after him and everything.

Bane: Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first! Your spirit...or your body!

Sad knowing that Bruce has finally been broken.

^I had to try with all my might not to make the slighest sad noise, because I was in school when I watched that, and I should've been doing work.

Radagast the Brown said:
"Alfred: Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Best quote of the series. It really is.

IIRC, Episode 22 was when Kanata's Spirit (Konata's mom) came in to watch her daughter and her dad... Kind of made me sad that she died when Konata was so young, and the ending photo of them... God, it made me burst into tears.

All the Pokemon ones have already been said, and the same thing with Futurama. =P

Xerneas said:
Sergeant Sillies said:

Omg, I was so sad when I saw that. Probably would have hit me more had I played a Gen I game.
Xerneas said:
Sergeant Sillies said:

Omg, I was so sad when I saw that. Probably would have hit me more had I played a Gen I game.
You haven't...ever played....a Gen I.....Go out right now and play Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen.

Darkrai's death
Strength's death
Misaka clones' deaths
Kanata's flashbacks
Reinforce's sacrifice

Xerneas said:
DragonFreak said:
Xerneas said:
Sergeant Sillies said:

You haven't...ever played....a Gen I.....Go out right now and play Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen.

No. I don't want to taint my Pokemon experience with the ubberly flawed and terrible first generation.

*whimper*

But the flaws are the best part. D:

Like, do you have any idea how difficult it would be to map a playthrough around all the quirks of thos games.

Here's an idea:

It's a thing of beauty and I can't think of many others games where that would support that kind of planning and quirk abuse.

Just... hnnng...

Michael Myers said:
Also:

Godzilla's death in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
Littlefoot's Mom dying
I am suprised you didn't mention anything sad from dragon ball.

R.i.P John Ritter... You were an amazing man. This episode just made me bawl my eyes out... :c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxpe3l9GWSA

Xerneas said:
No. I don't want to taint my Pokemon experience with the ubberly flawed and terrible first generation.
But... but LeafGreen is my second favorite Pokemon game!

I don't know, Gen I is just one of those immortal classics of gaming you have to play. Like Super Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Tetris.

Michael Myers said:
Leaves from the Vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

I think the only thing in that entire series I thought was remotely sad was Aang finding out the Fire Nation had been to the Southern Air Temple.

Downtown Abbey
I thought Sibyl's death was really sad.

Then Matthew had to die, right after becoming a father.

Lie_down_try_not_to_cry_cry_a_lot_cleaned_525.jpg

Hollyoaks
Whilst most of the deaths from the blast weren't that sad, it was sad to see my favourite character die. However, Doug's death was also really sad, he had managed to keep Ste alive whilst hiding his own probable death, and then when Ste found him dead it was awful, especially since a minutes earlier Ste had told Doug he was the one thing he'd[Ste] had gotten right in his life. And although Leanne isn't dead yet, though she dies soon and I'm guessing it'll be sad, when her fiance, Dennis, came in to tell her she was dying the way he did it was so heartbreaking, as well as heart-warming at the same time.

Lord of the Rings
The part where Frodo tells Sam to go home in the 3rd movie and the scene at the end where Frodo, Gandalf, Bilbo, etc leave Middle earth.Also Haldir's death was pretty depressing for me.
Toy Story 3
When Andy leaves the toys at the end.
The Patriot
Thomas's death, Gabriel's death, and the church burning scene.
Star Wars
Order 66 in episode 3 and Anakin's death in episode 6.

After the Class Trial ended in who "killed" Sakura Oogami, I started weeping. I felt fucking horrible with what happened and hated Monokuma all the more.

That was the latest.

Others would be ToGf Main Arc ending. SA2 ending. Chobits ending. Quite a few parts in Negima!. Toy Story 3. Click. The Office had me in tears at some points.

I'm sure there's more too.

I can get extremely emotional with sad happenings or even tears of joy for others...

Back