Sad moments in Anime/Cartoons/TeeVee series/Movies

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
1384217_10153363371990164_1024557994_n.jpg

Just name those effing tearjerking moments that happened in whatever you watched.

BUT WATCH OUT.

if it's something very spoiler-able then SPOILER IT.

SERIOUSLY SPOILER AT YOUR OWN SAFETY

John Egbert said:
Whenever I think of sad moments in anime, this is the second thing I think of. First would be the introduction episode of Ash's Charmander. I seriously can not think of it without getting a tear. Like right now.

Also, there are tons of episodes, but I'm too lazy to think of one.

The bit in the first pokemon movie where Ash gets turned to stone and all the pokemon cry
Episode 22 of SNK
The blossom tree scene in episode 12 of Free!

Leaves from the Vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Clannad After Story's ending. Seriously. Also, The Place Where Wishes Come True is my favorite track in any anime ever made.

Pokemon:
Pikachu's Goodbye, I cry most times
Digimon Adventure 1:
The final episode
Scrubs:
When Nurse Roberts dies

Das Boot
The ending, where the mortally wounded captain hangs on just long enough to watch his submarine sink under the tranquil waters of the bombed-out harbour. Everything they did... all they went through... was all for nothing.

Toy Story 3
When they're in the incinerator holding hands.

season 2: kate's death was really sudden, and the following scenes with jethro were really well-done.
Ep. I: Okay, Qui-Gon's death was sad. Admit it. Probably because he was the only cool character in the movie.
Ep. III: Am I the only one who thought the Order 66 scene was one of the saddest moments in movie history?
Ep. VI: And of course, the music that plays at Darth Vader's death is superb. The Imperial March, played slowly and soberly for the last time. Absolutely beautiful.
Fellowship: Gandalf's death was so sad. Somewhat spoiled by the fact that every single time I watch that scene, my mother interrupts it somehow. It's like a curse. Also, I personally thought Boromir's last stand was even better, but that's probably just my opinion.
Two Towers: Haldir's death was good too. Not quite on the level of everything else I've listed, though.
Oh oh oh and of course
That absolutely wonderful Carl/Ellie romance and life from Up. That's one of the greatest scenes ever.

Dr. Javelin said:
Ep. I: Okay, Qui-Gon's death was sad. Admit it. Probably because he was the only cool character in the movie.
Ep. III: Am I the only one who thought the Order 66 scene was one of the saddest moments in movie history?
Ep. VI: And of course, the music that plays at Darth Vader's death is superb. The Imperial March, played slowly and soberly for the last time. Absolutely beautiful.
Not necessarily sad, but the final lightsaber fight between Luke and Vader, where the sound gets quiet and it's mostly music. That was very emotional and powerful.

Oh yeah, where you have the chanting voices in the background to show how close Luke is to the dark side.

That was also awesome.

and people didn't like episode vi?

Okay being completely honest, when I was younger I legitimately cried during this scene.

When Jesse and James lost Arbok and Weezing.

BTW...Be warned; it will only make you feel even sadder about The Land Before Time.

The voice actor for Ducky - a six year old girl - was killed by her father shortly before the movie was released. It's why there is a different voice actor for the later ones.

Michael Myers said:
Dr. Javelin said:
I'll never understand this. Ian McDiarmid is amazing in this. I would watch the movie just for him.
Thought he was better in III personally, but he's pretty good in VI.

My faves are as follows:
V
VI
III
IV
(somewhat large gap)
I
(large gap)
II, except for the end battle

Dr. Javelin said:
Michael Myers said:
Dr. Javelin said:
I'll never understand this. Ian McDiarmid is amazing in this. I would watch the movie just for him.
Thought he was better in III personally, but he's pretty good in VI.
I liked him better in VI. He had such an ominous presence and you got a creepy vibe whenever he was on screen. You can just see him pulling the strings as he talks to Luke. That scene where he tortures Luke is also very intense.

Xerneas said:
BTW...Be warned; it will only make you feel even sadder about The Land Before Time.

The voice actor for Ducky - a six year old girl - was killed by her father shortly before the movie was released. It's why there is a different voice actor for the later ones.
I prefer to not remember this.

Xerneas said:

This officially ruined my childhood.

- Free! ending
- SnK ending
- Buffy ending
- Charmed not ending when it should have... and then ending
- Daria ending
- That bit with the dog in Futurama

Back