Discussion: Amps and Chain Chomps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
{{talk}}

Do we have anything that actually proves that Amps (Amp) are Chain Chomps (Chain Chomp)? The Amp's article claims that the New Super Mario Bros. Wii guide calls them Electro-Chomps, but there's no source provided for that, and I cannot find a single article besides the Amp article that refers to them by that name. In the talk page, one user claims that he made that up as a joke, stemming from the fact that the NSMBW guide mistakenly classified Amps as Chain Chomps, and there is indeed a revision that shows him doing that. So, is this a joke that we took too far?

Supposedly the only reference on the wiki to that name is the inaccuracy of the Prima guide. But even so, you drew attention to how the user RedStar had claimed he added it as a joke. I think it be best to remove the mention of the name until it's able to be properly referenced.

All right, we've decided that the name can't be trusted, so what does that mean for the species? As far as I can tell, Amps are only referred to as Chain Chomps in infoboxes and nav. templates, and in early revisions of the article, it explicitly stated that the guide mistakenly placed Amps in the Chain Chomp section. Are there any other sources that point to them being part of the Chomp family?

Amps aren't Chain Chomps that's for sure but I don't know if they're Chomps or not. I had an argument with my sister on that.

Baby Luigi said:
Amps aren't Chain Chomps that's for sure but I don't know if they're Chomps or not. I had an argument with my sister on that.
<ref>argument with sister</ref>

There is no proof said argument took place.

I can see them as Chomps, but that's only down to their appearance.

Demidevimon said:
There is no proof said argument took place.

Yes there is

http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Bowser_Amp

Not exactly but still on a related note

Blah, I don't feel like the argument has settled. How are amps chomps by any means? I'd assume they're not because it's less definite that way, and this situation isn't definite. My stance is that Bowser Amp = Amp =/= Chomp. Grouping all of these Amps next to metallic dog things looks off. At least Fire Chomps kinda look like Chomps.

Fire Chomps also kinda look like Amps...

In any case, it's pretty clear that the only thing that the Amps and Chain Chomps have in common is their appearance, and even then, they're quite different. Would anyone object if I started removing mention of Amp being a Chain-Chomp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back