Unpopular opinions with video games

I consider the story of a game important if it's really EXPECTED to have a story. Like RPGs you expect to have a story, so I consider that factor important. For platformers, the gameplay is so much more important, so I don't expect much of a story at all, and therefore it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of it.

The reason why it's crucial for RPGs to have stories is because the way the gameplay is plotted out and the variety of tasks set out is based on the story and moving it forward. RPG that base themselves much more on gameplay still need a solid story to set out the game.

Myrmidon NSY said:
The reason why it's crucial for RPGs to have stories is because the way the gameplay is plotted out and the variety of tasks set out is based on the story and moving it forward. RPG that base themselves much more on gameplay still need a solid story to set out the game.

not really, a lot of rpgs have terrible plots, what really makes the rpgs worlds go around is exploration, gameplay, and customization.

You might find the most enjoyable rpgss dont really have good plots(ff5, tos, and some dq games), while a plot helps in rpgs such as final fantasy 6 or legend of dragoon, they arent really the biggest thing people play a game for, theres a lot more things that make a good rpg then a plot, its not crucial for rpgs to have good plots, but it helps if there is one worth paying attention to.

One of my opinions: I don't think IGN deserves all the hate it gets, even if it is biased against Nintendo.

Back