How the old times can surpass methods used today

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
Recently I visited a museum which was mainly focused on the local history, and I came across a very interesting article at one of the exhibits.

hGsMzeg.jpg

I found it amazing that an almost 200 year old method made up of dits and dahs which is commonly thought to be a more time-consuming and unwieldy process could beat them fancy new gizmos you kids call mobile phones today!

What are some other examples you can think of in regards to how methods used in the old times were better than today in certain aspects?

Shokora said:
>implying morse code is a better method of communication than text messaging

Regthreeds.png

We ended up using dandelions to get rid of my verrucas, after modern treatments for them failed.

Sometimes, a good ol' squash to a roach is better for dispatching them than using bug-spray.

What they should have done is let the old people use the cell phones and the teens use the telegraph.

Morse code is only used very circumstantially in situations where more conventional methods of communication can't be taken.

It's just very impractical in this day and age and to say that it's better than text communication in today's society is silly.

Not to mention it's pretty esoteric and having people learn morse and become adept at interpreting it/transcribing it/transmitting it is a waste of time when they could just use the far easier and logical method of using text.

NotABannableOffense said:
Also, now that almost all phones have full qwerty keyboards, I really don't see it being any faster.

...than what? A number pad?

Back