Plan for future Pixar films

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/pixar-chief-studio-to-scale-back-sequels-aim-for-one-origina
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/10/29/finally-pixar-is-considering-an-incredibles-sequel/

Pixar says that they will scale back on the sequels and will try to release one original film every year. The sequels will come every other year. The only confirmed one right now is Finding Dory. However, an Incredibles sequel is being considered. Please, Pixar! Make it!

I'm OK with this. Plus, the way I look at it, for sequels of good movies, there's a 40% that they will be worse, a 35% chance they will be the same, and a 15% chance that they will be better. In fact, the only sequel in recent years that was better than the original (or that I can recall offhand) would be Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and Despicable Me 2.

But a sequel to the Incredibles???? Incredible.

One of my favourite Pixar films was Wall-E, not sure what I'd make to a sequel to that

I still ponder to this day why they made sequels and prequels to films that don't need it (Cars 2, Monsters Inc.) and ignore the films that do (Incredibles)

i know Cars 2 was a cynical cash grab the same way Planes is.

Bilbo Baggins said:
INCREDIBLES 2 PLEASE THAT WOULD BE EPIC
this

Yes the Incredibles need a sequel more than anything

Cars is a another of the films that needed a sequel but was done poorly.

Perhaps Cars 2 wouldn't have been that bad if it wasn't all about Mater. Or not. Cars was never one of Pixar's best, anyway.

The Incredibles works for a sequel because you already know what the conflict will be. A new supervillain comes out, and the public might not like superheroes being back in action, maybe blaming them for all the supervillains.

Baby Luigi said:

Worst part is that they already have (apparently) a sequel for Planes in the works.

Kellam said:
Baby Luigi said:

Worst part is that they already have (apparently) a sequel for Planes in the works.

They were making a sequel even before the full-screen movie thing. Just why?

Baby Luigi said:
Kellam said:
Baby Luigi said:

Because they know it'll make money because kids don't know any better.

I admit, I almost want to see that POS because I'm a kid at heart and I love talking, anthropomorphic vehicles, but after reading the reviews, ewwwww.

Baby Luigi said:
Kellam said:
Baby Luigi said:

Pst Planes totes not made by Pixar

Baby Luigi said:
Kellam said:
Baby Luigi said:

Pixar isn't responsible for Planes. It's a different Disney company (responsible for several direct-to-tv sequels) that made it.

[quote author=Kellam]
[/quote]

It's apparently going to be a trilogy.

Only Pixar film that I thought needed a sequel was Incredibles, so if they do that then it should be good.

Although maybe having a sequel would diminish the awesomeness of the original. Who knows. WE'll have to see if they can pull off a sequel as well as the original.

Back