Inspriational quotes

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
What inspirational quotes have you come across recently? They can be original if you like! This is one I wrote myself a few years ago:

"To be, you must first become. In order to become, you must first overcome any challenges the path throws towards you; however besetting they may be, if you wish anything to befall."

"Go get yourself some toilet paper cos your lyrics is butt." -- A Tribe Called Quest

"Ah, the Mongoose. Come to report the death of Number XIII, right?"
- Jasper Winslow, XIII

Yeah, it inspired me. It inspired me to blow that fucker's head off with a shotgun.

"I'd hold you up to say to your mother, "this kid's gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid's gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew." And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watching you, every day was like a privilige. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world, and you did. But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good. And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life. Don't forget to visit your mother."

- Rocky Balboa

This quote actually inspires me.

Loves hurts, life sucks get on with it - Yoshi876

I have a dream that someday will be judged not on the color of our skin but by the contents of our character

Demidevimon said:
This quote actually inspires me.

Loves hurts, life sucks get on with it - Yoshi876

and now i throw my two cents in the hat:

and if you hate videos:

"LIFE SUCKS! AND THEN YOU DIE...." - Vince McMahon

What inspirational quote have I come across recently?

Well, this quote isn't one I have come across recently at all, but I feel the need to share it. This quote is perhaps one of the most life-changing statements I have ever heard, and I remember hearing these words when I was just at a young age. It was so long ago, the only thing I can remember is the resonance it had with me. It inspired me to push past all obstacles that cross my path in life and to do what I love in spite of those that may oppose me. Whether I am in the best of moods or if I am in the worst of moods, whether things are going well or my life is a mess, and whether I know the direction I need to be heading in... These words encouraged me to never give up, to pursue my dreams and live a proactive lifestyle.

The quote?

"Let's-a go!"
Mario, Super Mario 64

^ Nice one. Speaking of quotes from games, this is one I came across while reading the Wario Land 4 instruction manual.

"Haven’t you kids ever done something that made you look stupid? Oh, is that right? Well, FINE then! But even the powerful Wario gets into some embarrassing situations in this game! I eat too much and get all chubby, a bee stings my face and makes it swell like a balloon, my body catches fire, and all kinds of other bad things happen to me!! But I’m a tough guy, so I keep coming back for more! You wimps could learn something from me!"
Wario, Wario Land 4

"When a flat chested girl hugs you she's holding you closer to her heart" - Anonymous

Super Mario Bros. said:
What inspirational quote have I come across recently?

Well, this quote isn't one I have come across recently at all, but I feel the need to share it. This quote is perhaps one of the most life-changing statements I have ever heard, and I remember hearing these words when I was just at a young age. It was so long ago, the only thing I can remember is the resonance it had with me. It inspired me to push past all obstacles that cross my path in life and to do what I love in spite of those that may oppose me. Whether I am in the best of moods or if I am in the worst of moods, whether things are going well or my life is a mess, and whether I know the direction I need to be heading in... These words encouraged me to never give up, to pursue my dreams and live a proactive lifestyle.

The quote?

"Let's-a go!"
Mario, Super Mario 64
This made me cry.

Shokora said:
^ Nice one. Speaking of quotes from games, this is one I came across while reading the Wario Land 4 instruction manual.

"Haven’t you kids ever done something that made you look stupid? Oh, is that right? Well, FINE then! But even the powerful Wario gets into some embarrassing situations in this game! I eat too much and get all chubby, a bee stings my face and makes it swell like a balloon, my body catches fire, and all kinds of other bad things happen to me!! But I’m a tough guy, so I keep coming back for more! You wimps could learn something from me!"
Wario, Wario Land 4
I have that booklet. I like the part where he admitted he's afraid of heighths. And his head maze.

That head maze was pretty quirky. It had something to do with clearing his pores, IIRC.

"Everyone's waiting for you. Everyone's waiting to throw rocks at you, spit on you, and make your life hell. Who's 'everyone'? Everyone you love."
Whoever finds out who said that gets a cookie.

^Claus hallucination.

"I hate people. I believe they're all stupid." - Percy, Starhunter

Eevee said:
"Everyone's waiting for you. Everyone's waiting to throw rocks at you, spit on you, and make your life hell. Who's 'everyone'? Everyone you love."
Whoever finds out who said that gets a cookie.
Well, that was a bump.

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

Dr. Seuss had quite a few inspirational quotes, but that's my fave.

"It is always enchanting to observe young people enjoying the culture of other wizarding nations. Unfortunately, Master Teddy Lupin and Ms Victoire Weasley appear to be far more interested in what they are saying to each other than – I take that back. In what some may see as a somewhat belated show of parental authority, Mr Bill Weasley has swapped places with his now very sulky-looking daughter and is directing her attention to the pitch. It is indeed a terrible waste not to drink in the magnificent spectacle now unfolding before us, with the colours and dancing and whatnot.

Harry Potter is scratching his ear."

Back