Splitting the Mario is Missing and Time Machine pages?

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
(already posted on http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Mario_Is_Missing!, but I suppose I might as well get more visibility here)

Looking at videos and writeups of the various versions of Mario Is Missing (SNES, DOS and NES) and Mario's Time Machine (SNES and NES), it seems fairly obvious to me that the different releases aren't "ports" as much as different games that happen to share similar assets and the premise (think Arcade vs NES Contra). There's some fairly noticeable differences (presence/absence of NPCs, different trivia questions, map system, etc) that, at the very least, make them more differentiated than the Super Mario Advance releases, which do have separate pages.

I doubt anyone will be in a rush to split the pages since lol educational games, but I would like some validation in case I eventually do decide to go ahead. Or maybe I missed something and the current arrangement is infact preferable?

I agree with splitting the pages.

So while reading an article about Mario is Missing's production and marketing history, I came across this:

That holiday season, Mario is Missing! won the Parents’ Choice Award. A new add-on Mario is Missing! City Disk added 10 new cities to the PC version. (source)

So just what is this "City Disk"? An early name for the Deluxe CD rom-rerelease? An unreleased expansion pack? An actual (if ridiculously rare) release? A test of faith by Poochy? Thrills and mystery!

It's a bigger mystery how the game even got any awards, but I digress.

Any details, though?

No clue. Googling " Mario is Missing! City Disk" (with quotes) only bring up that article and mirros of it, and I've had an hard time finding exactly what the "Deluxe" version add to the DOS release beside voice-acting.

Back