2013-14 Class Schedule

Well, I'm working Full Time now, there's no time for School for me.

Bowser45 said:
Pre-Algebra
Spelling
Litature
Literature
Science
You're 14 and Spelling is still a subject in your grade?

That's kinda sad. Do you even have some kind of history course?

English Composition II
Metaphor Matters: An Into to Poetry
Civil Rights & Liberties in a Diverse US
Music Theory I
Aural Skills I
Functional Piano
Symphonic Band

I feel bad barging into this thread taking so few classes but I'm taking two classes this semester, three classes next semester, four classes each semester next year and then transferring the year after.

This semester my classes will be Cultural Anthropology and Academic Success (both transferable three unit classes. I'm in general education until I transfer to get my bachelor's.)

Nabber said:
Bowser45 said:
Pre-Algebra
Spelling
Litature
Literature
Science
You're 14 and Spelling is still a subject in your grade?

That's kinda sad. Do you even have some kind of history course?
yeah the spelling is kind of dumb

and apparently instead of history i'm supposed to be doing just geography later this year (i think)

fuck what i just said i do have history this year i'm just not doing it yet

Man seeing the school year start midway through the year will always look weird as ef to me.

So just started my newest semester. My units are:
- Software Engineering Project B (the second part of my 'final year project')
- Games Programming
- Software Deployment and Evolution

12 contact hours per week and however much extra time for homework. Good times, gooooooood times. Still got a few units to finish up next year though because I split my final year over 3 semesters.

NintendoQueen said:
My school schedule is non-existent! I'm a college graduate now. WOO WOO~
College as in college or college as in university?

If you don't want to say it, just think it.

NotABannableOffense said:
Remeber, British College is 16-18ish and 'merican college is 18-22ish.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Well, University is usually around 120 credits for a degree, which is about 4-5 years of work, however for some more intense degrees, such as in the medicial field, it requires a post-grad degree, which takes from 2 to 4 years, and then some people will go for a PhD, which could take more time, and in all, you could be going to a University for 8-10 years.

Here in NL, you're required to go to School until your 18th age of life, after that, it's only optional.
Between your 18th and 30th age of life, you have the possibility to Study at an University or College, to improve your chances to get a job.
The current Job Market hates people with a College (MBO) degree, but adores people with a University (HBO or higher) degree.

That's why people here keep learning, until they have at least an HBO Bachelor degree (Master is always better).
If not, they open their own business, and fuck the rest.

I have MBO4 as my highest degree (+ HBO Working and Thinking Level), and no single ICT-related company wants to have me on employment, even though I have years of experience, a nice growing Portfolio, lots of knowledge about ICT, and a proof of my last employer.
But I still lack 2 things, which make me fail every time: I have no HBO degree, and I have no drivers license.

Back