DuckTales: Remastered

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They

I adored this game on the NES and it was probably the earliest example of a not-atrocious game based off an existing IP. I'm so excited to play the remake! Will anybody else be picking it up?

I am amazed that they managed to secure all the original voice actors for it, including Alan Young - the voice of Scrooge McDuck - who is now in his 90s.

pre-ordered on steam already, although I haven't taken to taunting shyguy about it yet

Ness said:
Reviews got 7/10 and I may get this game later, after SM3W
Never pay attention to review scores only, actually read them and form your opinion on those, along with gameplay previews and such.

85 said:
didn't we already have a thread for this somewhere?

nevermind, though, it's probably years old.

i created it a long time ago, but yes its pretty old.

I did do a search for a Duck Tales thread but couldn't find one so I created a new thread. I'm guessing that would have been for the original and not the remaster as well?

To steer back on topic, I really feel for whoever has to remaster the moon theme.

Xpike said:
Ness said:
Reviews got 7/10 and I may get this game later, after SM3W
Never pay attention to review scores only, actually read them and form your opinion on those, along with gameplay previews and such.
This so much.

O-WOO-OO

How do you remake a great game right? This way, thats how!
I am really hyped for this remake, despite the fact i've never played the original. It is well praised, and there shouldn't be difference here!

Out now on Wii U, PS3, and Steam in US ( Xbox 360 release 9.11.13), Europe releases; PS3: 8.14.13, Wii U: 8.15.13, PC: Now, Xbox 360: 9.11.13

Cost: $14.99 / €14.99 / 1200 Microsoft Points

Preordering the game on a PS3 earns you a DuckTales Remastered theme for your console. (US exlusive)

On Wii U, this game supports the Wii U Gamepad (Can support off TV play) and Wii U Pro Controller. No Wii Remote though.

Why they can't use Wii remote? It is a remake of a NES game and Wii remote is same as to a NES controller.

I will never bloody understand why publishers can't have worldwide release dates for digital games. Seriously, what the actual ef?

NEXandGBX said:
How do you remake a great game right? This way, thats how!
I am really hyped for this remake, despite the fact i've never played the original. It is well praised, and there shouldn't be difference here!

Out now on Wii U, PS3, and Steam in US ( Xbox 360 release 9.11.13), Europe releases; PS3: 8.14.13, Wii U: 8.15.13, PC: Now, Xbox 360: 9.11.13

Cost: $14.99 / €14.99 / 1200 Microsoft Points

Preordering the game on a PS3 earns you a DuckTales Remastered theme for your console. (US exlusive)

On Wii U, this game supports the Wii U Gamepad (Can support off TV play) and Wii U Pro Controller. No Wii Remote though.

Nice try, Capcom

I got this game yesterday. By GOLLY does it live up to the hype! I've only cleared the Amazon and Transylvania, though.

Gosh, hearing all the classic voice actors in their respective roles again... I just love it so much!

Edit: I don't care if Capcom is getting all money-grabby with this, THIS GAME DESERVES YOUR MONEY!

Lambtron said:
Does Scrooge need any more money? He has enough to swim in.
According to the beginning of the game, Scrooge finds a treasure map hidden behind a painting of his. The general goal is to find the 5 treasures the map leads to, as well as collecting as much gems and valuables as you can. Scrooge IS the world's richest duck, and he didn't get that way by just swimming around in his money, after all!

For anybody looking to play it on Steam, you may want to consider buying a key from GreenManGaming. $15, with an additional 20% off if you use this voucher:
Voucher-Low-offer-box02_.jpg

Link to game here

I'm personally getting it for Wii U, mainly because my OCD is telling me that I simply cannot buy it on a non-Nintendo console because the original was on the NES, but it might be of use to some of you other folks..

So I got it the other day and I don't think there are words to describe just how perfect it is. :']

planning on getting it on the first of next month, seems to be really good too.

Back