Help me with a little problem.

Please read my first post before voting. If you plan on "tl;dr"ing me, don't vote. I even divided it

• Guilty

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Innocent

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It's YOUR fault!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Here's the problem:

I went on vacation early on in the summer, but before I left, I lent a game of mine to my friend. Two weeks later, I got back and went to pick up my game. The first sign of trouble presented itself immediately. As soon as I got back in the car, I noticed that the discs were not on the "nubs". They were just free-floating in the case.

When I got around to playing the game, it had what I have come to know as "dark spots". These occurred when I stood on certain spots in the game. It would tell me that the game disc could not be read, and make me clean the disc for a minute before it would work again.

But the worst, by far, is the "scratch of death" (term stolen from crystalking). In this game, I am right before a boss fight. But every time I beat the boss, an error occurs, and I have to shut off the console. I found that this is because of a large scratch on the underside of the disc. I have beaten said boss five times as of now, to no avail. I have tried every method of cleaning it that is at my disposal.

And get this: he said that I could borrow the disc that he destroyed when his little brother finishes with it.

The real problem is, my irresponsible friend denies my accusations that he is responsible. Here's the evidence; you decide.

My evidence:

-I played the game right before lending it to him; it worked fine. My brother can attest to this.
-Even if he himself did not scratch it, during the period he had it, which was when it was scratched, he was responsible for it.
-He was obviously not taking good care of it, as the discs were "free-floating" in the case when I got them back.

His evidence:

-It didn't work at ChaosNinji's house when we were playing it for an hour. (That's absurd, right?)
-It was scratched when his little brother played it approximately a week after I lent it to him.

Please help me settle this. Cast your vote, and if you could, post a reasonable punishment.

Obviously, I think he's guilty. I think he should either replace the game or buy me a disc cleaner.

You know ChaosNinji personally?
Also, IDK about the problem.

Man I know what that's like...not that problem specifically, but my siblings can always find a way to damage things. I remember one time I let them borrow my good headphones...when I got them back...they wouldn't work again, and one of the speakers was loose. D:

Anyway, I'd probably your friend is in the wrong. :|

I don't even know which friend he means (ChaosNinji or another random one).

PaperStriker said:
I don't even know which friend he means (ChaosNinji or another random one).
I mean Zeldaish. He was a user, but hes been inactive for a loooong time. I just e-mailed him about this, so he should be giving a more in-depth argument for his side.

P.S. Take that Zeldaish! Unanimously on my side!

Well, it depends greatly on... what was the game?

Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Thanks to him, I'm stuck in the Tower of Salvation.

Please change your avatars. >_<
Those remind me of KamekYay.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Hmm, never heard of the game. How much did it cost to buy?

off topic: garlic man i´m agreed with paperstriker remove your avatar too.

on topic: i´m think hes guilty

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.
Oh. Hmm... So do you not know how much it cost?

offtopic: fire MARIO bros: And from what authority are you saying that from? (Yeah, remember when Blitz had the "FOR F***'S SAKE..." avatar, except un-cencored? Yeah, he didn't fix it till I told him to.)

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.

offtopic: fire MARIO bros: And from what authority are you saying that from? (Yeah, remember when Blitz had the "FOR F***'S SAKE..." avatar, except un-cencored? Yeah, he didn't fix it till I told him to.)
you don´t know me i´m joined the forum 5 of july

fire MARIO bros said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.

Exactly! I don't know you! And my avatar, as Ninji said, is not breaking the rules. So there's no real reason you should be saying "Remove your avatar" to me. If it's disturbing, then put a post-it note on top of wherever my avatar is. (good luck scrolling)

Garlic Man said:
fire MARIO bros said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.

Exactly! I don't know you! And my avatar, as Ninji said, is not breaking the rules. So there's no real reason you should be saying "Remove your avatar" to me. If it's disturbing, then put a post-it note on top of wherever my avatar is. (good luck scrolling)
FOR GOD´S SAKE NAME PLEASE REMOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

Free Loader said:
Although your friend may be guilty, if you knew your friend was such a lazy @$$ why did you lend him the game in the first place?
please stop flaming like you did to blitz :-\.

fire MARIO bros said:
Free Loader said:
Although your friend may be guilty, if you knew your friend was such a lazy @$$ why did you lend him the game in the first place?

He was talking about SG27's friend. That's technically not flaming.

Garlic Man said:
fire MARIO bros said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.

I've been informed from Uniju that your avatar does break a rule, as it is way too gorey, despite being cartoon-y. Please change it.

fire MARIO bros said:
Free Loader said:
Flaming is when you're actually talking to the person(i.e. Garlic, you @$$!), but if that person is nowhere near, then it's not flaming. Like, "George Bush is such a dumbass!" is not flaming, and rest assure, you will not be blocked.

Garlic Man said:
fire MARIO bros said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.

I've been informed from Uniju that your avatar does break a rule, as it is way too gorey, despite being cartoon-y. Please change it.
[/quote]
Where are the rules written? It's just that I want to read the actual rule.

"Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. This includes text, graphics, video, programs, links, or audio. Posting a message with the intention of committing an illegal act is strictly prohibited."

Objectionable material can mean "Gorey beyond belief."

ChaosNinji said:
fire MARIO bros said:
Free Loader said:

He was talking about SG27's friend. That's technically not flaming.

Garlic Man said:
fire MARIO bros said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.

Where are the rules written? It's just that I want to actually see what it says.

ChaosNinji said:
http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=2001.0
k thnks. (avatar has been changed)

I say you should forget all about it :eek:

Back