Help me with a little problem.

Please read my first post before voting. If you plan on "tl;dr"ing me, don't vote. I even divided it

• Guilty

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Innocent

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It's YOUR fault!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Guiliant said:
I say you should forget all about it :eek:
If you really want to know what my opinion is, then just look at my sig. -_-

A similar thing happened to me once.

My comment is: it also depends on what shape the console is in.

I'd say he's guilty.

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Well, it depends greatly on... what was the game?
Tale of Symphonia.
Thanks to him, I'm stuck in the Tower of Salvation.
Hmm, never heard of the game. How much did it cost to buy?
Christmas Present.
Oh. Hmm... So do you not know how much it cost?
A little late, but it's a $20 game, but since you can really only get it used nowadays, probably less. But that's beside the point. I'm not gonna pay my money because of his irresponsibility.

Smiddle said:

I'd say he's guilty.
I've tried it on my used GameCube and my fairly new Wii. But that is, once again, beside the point, as many, many scratches are clearly visible.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.
A little late, but it's a $20 game, but since you can really only get it used nowadays, probably less. But that's beside the point. I'm not gonna pay my money because of his irresponsibility.
Has anything like this ever happened before with the same friend? Did you trust him when you lent him the game? If he always causes those kind of problems, it's your fault you lent him the game. If he's never done this kind of thing before, and has treated things with care, it was probably an accident, and I don't think you should make him pay with money. Apologies are enough. But as I said, if he's constantly scratching up discs, then it's your fault for lending it to him in the first place.

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.
Has anything like this ever happened before with the same friend? Did you trust him when you lent him the game? If he always causes those kind of problems, it's your fault you lent him the game. If he's never done this kind of thing before, and has treated things with care, it was probably an accident, and I don't think you should make him pay with money. Apologies are enough. But as I said, if he's constantly scratching up discs, then it's your fault for lending it to him in the first place.
I've never lent him a game before, so I had nothing to base this on.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.
Urgh, this one's hard to decide... but in general, is he a good guy, or was he the type of person that might have an accident if you lent him something?(I doubt it was on purpose) It all depends on what his attitude is towards his own mistake. Does he look like he's regretting and sorry for his acts? If he is, I would give him another chance before making him pay for the money. If those feelings can not be seen from the defendant, then you might consider requiring a fine for the damage done. (this is beginning to sound like court... :P)

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.
Urgh, this one's hard to decide... but in general, is he a good guy, or was he the type of person that might have an accident if you lent him something?(I doubt it was on purpose) It all depends on what his attitude is towards his own mistake. Does he look like he's regretting and sorry for his acts? If he is, I would give him another chance before making him pay for the money. If those feelings can not be seen from the defendant, then you might consider requiring a fine for the damage done. (this is beginning to sound like court... :P)
He blames me.

Smiddle said:

I'd say he's guilty.
Hmm... I dunno. But it's pssoibly going to happen 2 mii (Or something liek that.). I haven't played MKW in a while...

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
Tale of Symphonia.
Christmas Present.
He blames me.
Blames you!? Why? As in, he's saying the game was damaged before you lent it to him?

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
He blames me.
Blames you!? Why? As in, he's saying the game was damaged before you lent it to him?
He says that it was broken before he got it; he thinks that I damaged it.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
He blames me.
When was the last time you played the game, before you lent it to him?

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
He blames me.
you got the bad luck day how far did you got in the game before you lent it to your friend zeldaish

and you garlic man change your avatar so put the old one please

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
He blames me.
Right before I lent it to him. The day before we went on vacation, ChaosNinji and him came over my house. We played the game until the point that they left. When he left, Zeldaish took the game with him.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
He blames me.
Right before I lent it to him. The day before we went on vacation, ChaosNinji and him came over my house. We played the game until the point that they left. When he left, Zeldaish took the game with him.
So, did you ever get to the boss before lending him the game? And also, the dark spots never ever appeared before you lent him the game, correct?

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
He blames me.
So, did you ever get to the boss before lending him the game? And also, the dark spots never ever appeared before you lent him the game, correct?
First question: Yes, I've already beaten the game once, but I missed a lot of stuff, so I'm trying to replay it.
Second question: That is correct.

Update: Looks like he's off the hook; my mom said she's gonna replace it.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:
He blames me.
First question: Yes, I've already beaten the game once, but I missed a lot of stuff, so I'm trying to replay it.
Second question: That is correct.

Oh... bad timing, since I have now come down with the verdict, and he's GUILTY.

Also, what exactly was the point in bringing this up in the forums? The wiki user's opinions probably wouldn't have altered the friends opinion. Anyway, it's good that the game will be replaced.

Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:

Also, what exactly was the point in bringing this up in the forums? The wiki user's opinions probably wouldn't have altered the friends opinion. Anyway, it's good that the game will be replaced.
First question: You never know, it might convince him. Plus, I needed to let out a little steam with a nice long rant.
Second question: It might be replaced. I'm not sure if she was serious.

ShyGuy27 said:
Garlic Man said:
ShyGuy27 said:

First question: You never know, it might convince him. Plus, I needed to let out a little steam with a nice long rant.
Second question: It might be replaced. I'm not sure if she was serious.
Well, all I can say is good luck. May the force be with you. :)

fire MARIO bros said:
who is zeldaish gimme a profile of him

http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?action=profile;u=315

EDIT: I have now beaten the same boss 10 times trying to test whether I could fix it.

EDIT: Beat same boss 16 times, and have progressed beyond the problem on my friend's game.

EDIT: Have hit multiple snags; have progressed beyond them by borrowing my friend's game.

first of all, it wasn't working on his friends wii the day before he left and knew that there was something wrong with this game and the wii. second of all, putting two game is one loose gamecube case doesn't often work and they are bound to fall out. especially when they are being carried on a bike. :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:!!!!! lastly, the game worked fine until it was returned. Now if that is all, please feel free to mind your own business. thank you. :bowser: :bowser: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

Zeldaish said:
first of all, it wasn't working on his friends wii the day before he left and knew that there was something wrong with this game and the wii.  second of all, putting two game is one loose gamecube case doesn't often work and they are bound to fall out. especially when they are being carried on a bike.  :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:!!!!!  lastly, the game worked fine until it was returned.  Now if that is all, please feel free to mind your own business.  thank you.  :bowser: :bowser: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:
Epic bump. :eek:

Also, I would like to correct some points in your post:
  • You say it wasn't working at ChaosNinjis house. Did you even read my posts? (BTW, CN can vouch for me that it worked fine at his house.)
  • The tabs in the Gamecube case held the game in fine for the six months I had it (that includes riding it over to your house multiple times).
  • It did not work fine until it was returned, you and your brother have said so.

Thank you.

Crap, I picked innocent because I thought it meant he scratched it and blamed it on you. :< Sorry. I think he's guilty.

The_Chozo_Yoshi said:
Crap, I picked innocent because I thought it meant he scratched it and blamed it on you. :< Sorry. I think he's guilty.
Good to know. I was wondering who that was.

EDIT: Added new poll option for the lol'z.

The problem is officially solved. I just ordered a new version. But this isn't over, zeldaish.

Back