Russian lawmaker: We will arrest gay athletes, tourists at Olympic Games

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
So being gay is suddenly a crime now? WTF?

This is outright ridiculous and I'm surprised athletes aren't thinking about boycotting.

What the fuck is wrong with them? Part of the main reasons for the Olympic games is supposed to show tolerance for all, then they just do some shit like this. Fucking unbelievable.[br](Sorry for this "outburst".)

i don't actually understand why this law in particular is getting so much attention. are people unaware that much harsher legislation is already enforced in many places?

Bulbasaur said:
Baby Luigi said:
So being gay is suddenly a crime now? WTF?

yeah pretty much

i mean, just being gay is nominally legal, but talking about it isnt. and i'm under the impression that the police don't mind so much if you decide you want to go find some gay people to beat the *bleep* out of

That's really effed up. What a baloney law. I wonder why they given give a crap about what random people slept with. "Undermining traditional family values" what a load of crap.

Thank you Mother Russia for protecting us heterosexual Olympic goer's from having to put up with these hidden homosexual's trying to infiltrate this heterosexual tradition

Bulbasaur said:
i don't actually understand why this law in particular is getting so much attention. are people unaware that much harsher legislation is already enforced in many places?

I definitely agree with you that there are worse laws in place that are being overlooked and this one is getting so much attention because of a international competition.

However, I do think this law is very stupid, goes against other countries' laws, and hopefully will not be implemented, because these aren't the Russian Olympic Games, even if it is in their country.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar said:
Thank you Mother Russia for protecting us heterosexual Olympic goer's from having to put up with these hidden homosexual's trying to infiltrate this heterosexual tradition
this is a great statement

Back