Favorite Pokemon Generation

What's your favorite?

• Total voters

Awesome Koopa

Here's some text that's very personal.
Mine's gen 3. Yours?

Hard to choose really as i liked all the pokemon generations(although i do find some of the games a bit questionable).

If i had to choose though i guess id roll with gen 4.

After beating all of them i liked gen 4 the most for some good evolutions for otherwise meh pokemon, and a lot of the areas were pretty neat.

Also really liked the platinum a lot too.

Id say gen 1 is my least favorite and 2 and 5 right in the middle i guess.

gen 3 is also good but i didnt care too much for the games even though the story altering versions were pretty nifty.

DragonFreak said:
Generation 2 for reasons I stated before, but I noticed no one has picked one yet....
Hang on, my post, right on top of yours, said I like Gen 2

Yoshi876 said:
DragonFreak said:
Generation 2 for reasons I stated before, but I noticed no one has picked one yet....

he's talking about the fact that no one has voted gen 1 yet.

Gen 3

Zae said:
Yoshi876 said:
DragonFreak said:

he's talking about the fact that no one has voted gen 1 yet.
Haha, yeah, thanks for clarifying that! And still no one has voted for Generation 1

Gen V. Easily.

Drastic improvements from Gen IV, including but not limited to unlimited use TMs, reworked EXP formula, and moving sprites.

Not to mention that Gen V has tons of excellent Pokemon, even more than Gen I which had most of my previous faves.
Joey Tribbiani said:
Generation 3 master race
yeah you just gotta love the days before the physical/special split

out of the two generations ive played, my favorite is 3

Gen 2 here.

Gen V by far. It's probably the most well made, and introduced a lot of new mechanics. Plus the inclusion of an actual story is cool for once. Gen III did try a story though, but not as good as Gen V.
If I were to rank them:
1. Gen V.
2. Gen III (Looking back on it, it's the one that changed Pokemon for the better.)
3. Gen II (Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's the way everything was done.)
4. Gen I (It isn't exactly the greatest, but hey it had to have a start. Even if they saw a tree and thought "Let's put eggs on it!" or "This turtle line is getting redundant let's give it guns!")
5. Gen IV (It isn't as impressive as the others. Not sure why, it just isn't.)

Wow, no votes for Gen 1 that's a shock!

My favorite has to be Gen 5 though, because I liked the music, the games, and all of the Pokemon in it (except Pidove). Plus my copy of Pokemon White means a lot to me.
Close behind is Gen 4, because my first Pokemon game was Pearl. Then Gen 2, then 1, then 3.

Back