DC Cinematic Universe

All right the hair is about as important as Sonic's eyes and size, (Those damn Sonic fanboys still piss me off) what about his performance? That's what matters!

Introduce kryptonite into the universe!

GalacticPetey said:
G8QzyMpB.jpg
heh, dark superman always looks silly

it's hard to be all grimdark and mopey when you can solve all your problems in about three seconds with your superpowers

well in that case he wouldn't be standing up, he'd be hunched over by earth's crushing gravity or some stupid thing like that

the way kryptonite works is kinda dumb. if all superman's powers are due to earth's sun and atmosphere, how does kryptonite stop his powers? does it somehow block out the sun and feed him kryptonian atmosphere? how exactly does a rock do that?

answer: magic (which superman is also weak to, apparently). so i guess the kryptonite actually is just a magic green rock, heh

This picture could be the split second between "I'M SUPERMAN!" and "MAKEITSTOPIT'SKILLINGMEI'MGOINGTODIEALONEONTHISROCKBATMANWILLDANCEONMYCORPSE." You never know.

ooh, i like that idea. then it's a brief moment in time where superman's last strength is available, and he chooses to use it posing for a camera

way to go, genius

Dr. Javelin said:
well in that case he wouldn't be standing up, he'd be hunched over by earth's crushing gravity or some stupid thing like that

the way kryptonite works is kinda dumb. if all superman's powers are due to earth's sun and atmosphere, how does kryptonite stop his powers? does it somehow block out the sun and feed him kryptonian atmosphere? how exactly does a rock do that?

answer: magic (which superman is also weak to, apparently). so i guess the kryptonite actually is just a magic green rock, heh

I was under the impression that he was weak to kryptonite because it was radioactive, and thus gave off gamma radiation. IIRC, the yellow sun is so important because Kryptonians gain their strength and sustenance from different levels of the light spectrum; the smaller the wavelength, the stronger they become, which means Earth's yellow sun is healthier for Clark than Krypton's red sun, and in turn a blue star like Rigel would be healthier still.

However, kryptonite is a radioactive mineral, which means it gives of gamma radiation. Because gamma rays have such a small wavelength on the light spectrum compared to yellow (about 5.7x smaller, actually), Superman gets overloaded. He's suddenly bombarded with smaller, stronger light than he can handle. So to cope, his body processes begin to shut down.

Just like how humans need water to survive, but can still drown from it, Superman gets stronger under light but can only handle so much.

in that case, wouldn't any radioactive material be dangerous to him? and also, why are other characters shown to hold kryptonite with their bare hands with no ill effects (like, i dunno, CANCER?)

face it, it's just a magic rock

Back