Create your own Marioverse species

Pronouns
He/him
I wasn't quite sure if the "Create your own Mario character" thread allowed ideas for made-up species in addition to single entities, so I decided to create this thread. :posh:
Anyway this thread is only for the discussion of made-up species, not characters.

*Toadoo
Category: Toad/Undead
Description: The idea for this species came from a joke on Youtube stating that Toadette's cap looked like a pin cushion.
Toadoos are a species of female-only Toad ghosts with a rag doll like appearance (like the Twilight Town residents). Their caps have two dangling extensions in the back that look like push pins. These "pins" can be yanked to put curses on people. Toadoos live in dark forests, islands and jungles.

*Kitsunopio
Category: Toad/Undead
Description: Kitsunopios are basically an Asian-styled Toadoo sub-species. They wear kimonos, have fox ears on their caps and their two pigtails grown about twice the length of their whole body and look like fox tails. In addition to the ability to putting hexes on people by having their "fox tails" yanked, Kitsunopios are skilled in flame-oriented magic, creating mirages, and shape-shifting.

*Boordo
Category: Birdo/Undead
Description: Boordo is the undead form of a Birdo. They essentially look like Eeries with Birdo faces. In addition to the abilities of a mortal Birdo, a Boordo can use its snout-like mouth to suck up your soul straight out of your nostrils. Boordos hate to sneeze, as in doing so will make them lose the souls they've stolen.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
PhilibusterBeetle said:
I wasn't quite sure if the "Create your own Mario character" thread allowed ideas for made-up species in addition to single entities, so I decided to create this thread. :posh:
Anyway this thread is only for the discussion of made-up species, not characters.

*Toadoo
Category: Toad/Undead
Description: The idea for this species came from a joke on Youtube stating that Toadette's cap looked like a pin cushion.
Toadoos are a species of female-only Toad ghosts with a rag doll like appearance (like the Twilight Town residents). Their caps have two dangling extensions in the back that look like push pins. These "pins" can be yanked to put curses on people. Toadoos live in dark forests, islands and jungles.

*Kitsunopio
Category: Toad/Undead
Description: Kitsunopios are basically an Asian-styled Toadoo sub-species. They wear kimonos, have fox ears on their caps and their two pigtails grown about twice the length of their whole body and look like fox tails. In addition to the ability to putting hexes on people by having their "fox tails" yanked, Kitsunopios are skilled in flame-oriented magic, creating mirages, and shape-shifting.

*Boordo
Category: Birdo/Undead
Description: Boordo is the undead form of a Birdo. They essentially look like Eeries with Birdo faces. In addition to the abilities of a mortal Birdo, a Boordo can use its snout-like mouth to suck up your soul straight out of your nostrils. Boordos hate to sneeze, as in doing so will make them lose the souls they've stolen.
What's with you and the undead?
 
Pronouns
He/him
ShyGuy27 said:
PhilibusterBeetle said:
I wasn't quite sure if the "Create your own Mario character" thread allowed ideas for made-up species in addition to single entities, so I decided to create this thread. :posh:
Anyway this thread is only for the discussion of made-up species, not characters.

*Toadoo
Category: Toad/Undead
Description: The idea for this species came from a joke on Youtube stating that Toadette's cap looked like a pin cushion.
Toadoos are a species of female-only Toad ghosts with a rag doll like appearance (like the Twilight Town residents). Their caps have two dangling extensions in the back that look like push pins. These "pins" can be yanked to put curses on people. Toadoos live in dark forests, islands and jungles.

*Kitsunopio
Category: Toad/Undead
Description: Kitsunopios are basically an Asian-styled Toadoo sub-species. They wear kimonos, have fox ears on their caps and their two pigtails grown about twice the length of their whole body and look like fox tails. In addition to the ability to putting hexes on people by having their "fox tails" yanked, Kitsunopios are skilled in flame-oriented magic, creating mirages, and shape-shifting.

*Boordo
Category: Birdo/Undead
Description: Boordo is the undead form of a Birdo. They essentially look like Eeries with Birdo faces. In addition to the abilities of a mortal Birdo, a Boordo can use its snout-like mouth to suck up your soul straight out of your nostrils. Boordos hate to sneeze, as in doing so will make them lose the souls they've stolen.
What's with you and the undead?
*shrugs* I dunno...
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
Ice Bro. - Liek a Fire Bro., only if you're Fire Mario they would slow Mario down.
 
Pronouns
He/him
*Sniper Bros.
Category: Hammer Bros.
Description: A yellow-orange Hammer Bros in army gear that carries a Super Scope 6 that shoots mini Bullet Bills.

*Bazooka Bros
Category: Hammer Bros.
Description: A reddish-orange Sledge Bros in army gear that carries a Bazooka. They can shoot cannon balls and powerful flames from their bazookas.
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Pronouns
She/her
fire boomerang bro: shoots a fire boomerang -} and way back {-
 
Pronouns
He/him
*Laki-tone
Category:Traps and Obstacles
Description: A seemingly immobile Lakitu statue that'll throw spiked boulders or bombs at anyone that comes too close.

*Nightstick Bros.
Category: Hammer Bros.
Description: Spike-shelled Hammer Bros. in police uniforms that beat their foes with nightsticks. The like to be in large groups.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
Mega Buster Beetle (Or however u say it...) - Can throw moar than one block at a time.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
Giga Bowser:

It's a really big Bows...
Oh, yeah, that's already been done.
 
Pronouns
He/him
Yeah, but the problem there is that Giga Bowser is a HAL Laboratories creation, so he can't be used in any Mario games.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
Pronouns
He/him
Blockitu
Lakitu that throws blocks.
The blocks hinder your movement greatly. He appears only in areas w/o any other enemies and you can only get to him when you're big. (before "his" area there are blocks you have to break and a ?-Block right next to him) He will be out of reach (so you can't get damaged), but your time will suffer...

Boomba
Either a mix of Goomba and Bob-omb or a mix of Goomba and Boo. Or both. :P

Koomba
Goomba with a shell.

Spiked Koopa
*ahem*

Boo-omb
Mix of Boo and Bob-omb. *yawn*

Chain Bomb
Explosive Chain Chomp.

Gar Chomp
:P
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
PhilibusterBeetle said:
Yeah, but the problem there is that Giga Bowser is a HAL Laboratories creation, so he can't be used in any Mario games.
I was making a joke. Obviously not a good one...
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Pronouns
She/her
para-hammer bro: a hammer bro with wings like a paratroopa but this one does throw hammers.
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Pronouns
She/her
ice lakitu: a lakitu that lives on very cold places and throws ice spinies.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
Pronouns
He/him
PhilibusterBeetle said:
Boo-omb
Mix of Boo and Bob-omb. *yawn*
They already had something like that in Super Mario Galaxy. It's called a "Bomb Boo".
I forgot.

Water Lakitu
A Lakitu that pours water all over the level.

Throwin' Chuck:
A Chargin' Chuck who throws things in this order:
2 or 3 baseballs (random)
1 football (American)
1, er, piece of soil
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Pronouns
He/him
Zombie Garlic for the Wario land series. Garlic version of Zombie Shroom. (as well as Ghoul Garlic)
 
Top