Saddest/Most Depressing Moments in Gaming

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
Spoilers are most likely here. You have been warned.

Come on, we all have that one moment in a game where we just can't help but just feel all mushy and teary-eyed. Whatever the reason may be, you will start feeling sad when you think about that moment. So, what's yours? For starters, I'll volunteer Fable 2.
Dick move, Lucien! You already murdered my sister, and then you not only admit to killing my family, but then you shoot my dog in front of me! Do you know how depressed I feel?

Legion, Tali and Mordin's death are all incredibly sad. Mordin's is the worse. "Someone else might have gotten it wrong." *sob*

Legion's is even worse if he tries to kill you first. Mordin's is exceptionally worse if you shoot him.

Also I thought the ending was pretty sad the first time around. (I choose Synthesis, when they put Shepard's name on the wall)

Both InFamous 2 ending were incredibly sad.

The good ending because Cole sacrificing himself to save the entire world and more importantly Zeke, and then Zeke says personally says goodbye by taking his corpse on the boat with him.

The bad ending because it forces you to personally kill Zeke, instead of it being a cutscene it forces YOU to shock him, multiple times.

That is all I can think of for now.

Most depressing moment has got to be when you realize," ah, come on nintendo, Peach got kiddnapped again". Very depressing.

Toad Eightyfive said:
The end to Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

Just a 45 minute long feels cavalcade.
This. Miracle Mask gace me some serious feels too

Some bits in Fire Emblem Awakening got mesad and the end of the third Ace Attorney game too.

most depressing for me was CoD:MW3

RIP Soap

TWEWY

A bunch of sad moments.

Lessee. Rhyme dies from saving beat.

Joshua's sacrifice.

Neku being alone because his entry fee was other players.

Beat saving Rhyme but she doesn't remember him when they're in the UG.

Whenever a Pikmin soldier dies, you always feel responsible. Same goes for Fire Emblem characters, but I haven't played the series.

Mother 3's Chapter 1, Chapter 6, and the ending had me bawling my eyes out. Poor Lucas had to go through all that... :c

When Wilfre kills the mayor in Drawn to Life.

And then the second game is like a huge mindscrew what with the mayor's ghost walking around.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
When your partner realises that his best friend is going to disappear and then the part where they walk down the pathway all sad and shit.
Tales of the Abyss
When Luke destroys Akzeriuth and when they wake up they see a kid being drowned in the purple water of doom miasma. Then Luke proceeds to yell about how it wasn't his fault and everybody despises him.

Also, when Luke decides to sacrifice himself and the replicas to save everybody and when Tear and Asch tried to stop him Guy and Jade stopped them. It was all pretty emotional. He didn't die though, apparently Asch helping him out anyway did a thing
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
At the beginning of the story when Oliver's mom dies and then he's depressed and crying.

A LOT of things in Majora's Mask.

Kafei and Anju quest; though you save them in the end, you know that you have to go back in time and rewatch their sadness of not being able to see each other.

Mikau scene, because you know that when you meet Lulu and the other Zoras, it's not really Mikau and they don't know he's dead.

Deku Butler scene at the end, because you know that it's just sad to see him look at his dead son.

Basically any quest where you heal someone of their troubles, but when you go back in time you know that they are just in pain again.

It's not really the actual scenes, but just the background info about each of those scenes.

when sue leaves the party, it was sad. :(

when estellise was just being used by alexei, the bastard.

Dean Winchester said:
Sucking up Polterpup every time in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. The poor guy just wants to play :'(
Oh my gosh yes.

And there have been only two series that have been able to make me almost cry in a video game. So sad.

That beautiful ending just makes you want to cry so much. With Impa and Zelda, and Fi, and the whole thing and oh my god just a rollecoaster of emotions.

In two of the game actually. In Awakening when Emmeryn dies, and in Path of Radiance when Greil dies. Plus both of their cutscenes are just heart wrenching to watch.

Back