Hello. Do you know any great-grandparents?

Ghost Writer

Goomba
Banned User
I have had some friends who knew their great-grandma. I have not. But I wish I knew them. My great-grandpa sounded like a cool guy. He was a tightrope walker.

I was alive when both were still living but I don't know them very well.

Great-Grandpa died around 1999/2000? All's I know is Mario Golf for GBC was fairly new at the time.

Great-Grandma died very recently, actually. IDR when... Last week of June or first week of July this year.

Unknown Entity said:
I was alive when both were still living but I don't know them very well.

Great-Grandpa died around 1999/2000? All's I know is Mario Golf for GBC was fairly new at the time.

Greant-Grandma died very recently, actually. IDR when... Last week of June or first week of July this year.
What a wacky but wonderful way of measuring time. I always measure and associate time periods with what game was new around that time too.

I only know that my mom's grandfather was a soldier during Winter War and Continuation War. I also know that he died by a heart-problem. That's at least what my mom told me.

My mum's Grandmother is still alive, but she's slowly dying of dementia, much like my mum's mother. See, now my mum's worried about getting dementia.

i have two great-grandparents who are alive.

and i was alive when another two passed away.

so that's four, i guess.

I think three or four of my great grandparents were alive and saw me when I was a baby; now I think only one is left, but I'm not sure.

Nope. My paternal grandmother herself is 92, so her parents and my paternal grandfather's (who died in '04) parents are obviously gone.

My maternal grandmother's mom died in her 50s, but I don't know when that was. I was obviously not born yet. I never even knew my maternal grandfather; he divorced my Nonna and died before I was born.

My Maternal Great-Grandmother is still alive. She's in good health. My maternal great grandfather died a few years ago. I never met my paternal great grandparents. they died before I was born.

My great-grandmother from my mom's side is still alive. She was born on leap day, so she's technically 21(really she's 84)

My great grandmother died several years ago. I'm not exactly sure what year, but probably before 2007.

My dad's mom's mom is still alive, although I don't see her much anymore.

My mom's mom's mom died last September (she was 99).

My great-grandma died in 2006. She was 88. I never knew any of my other great-grandparents.

I have an ancestry.com tree, so I've got quite a bit of information for all of my great-grandparents.

Four were alive when I was born, and I met three of them (all at a very young age). The last one to go was my dad's paternal grandfather (1916-2006). Regrettably, I only met him in person once, and I barely remember our encounter because I was only three (it was his 80th birthday party). He was one of thirteen children, and two of his siblings are still alive.

I have a photo of my mom's maternal grandmother holding me as a baby. I believe that's the only photo of me with any of my great-grandparents.

Also, my middle name (Proctor) is derived from my dad's maternal grandmother's maiden name (I met her). She was the daughter of a Vermont governor.

Back