MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
XyWBvqa.png
Om8YzDC.png

That is all.

There was never anything else here.

I'm totally not covering up for really stupid and unrealistic old rosters.\

Nope.

For a start your roster is massive, secondly you have put characters who's chances are nill in there.

Paper Luigi, Paper Peach and Paper Bowser are no's and I highly oppose Paper Mario appearing anyway.

Baby Bros, it's been suggested, I wouldn't want them in but I won't get angry if they did. Waluigi is a no as well. Toad is too generic to get in, Mr. l is a 100% no. Daisy is okay choice but I highly doubt seeing her. Jr. is best without Shadow Mario.

Kamek, Wart, King Boo, Rosalina, Dimento, Big Bob-omb and Fawful are all not going to be there and Geno has already confirmed no. Sorry but you have a shitload of Mario characters.

The DK selections are perfect, no need to review.

It seems that you put Mona and Jimmy for Wario, Wario isn't ready for two reps yet but if he did I'd would shift between Mona (who you placed already) or Captian Syrup

Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus are all fine.

Kirby is fine as it is Magolir while not a bad choice, won't make it.

Star Fox does not deserve four reps, Krystal isn't major enough yet to get in. Stat Fox is fine with 2-3 reps.

Meowth, has been placed before but I highly doubt seeing him, Gen V also needs a rep, so keep that in mind.

Some of your other third Party choices are he'll no's. Little Mac, Layton, PAC-Man are all fine. Ralph might show up as he did somehow make it to Sonic & Sega, but it's highly unlikely.

For a start Batman and Spiderman are not going appear and secondly they are definitely not going to appear together as they come from two rival comic series (Marvel and DC). Spongbob is also a 100% no.

Sonic does need need more than rep, sorry.

Overall your roster is massive, cut it down and spend a lot of it on Mario reps. Also remove the reps that you know that they won't be showing up.

Where do I start

Waay to much Mario. 5/6 reps max . Plus most of them are plain stupid like Fawful? Geno and Paper Bowser?

Wario doesn't need Mona and Jimmy T.

A big fat NO to the non vg characters as they make Mickey Mouse seem a decent selection

Sonic does not deserve more than 1 as it is 3P.

The other series are ok. However it seems to be a Mario takeover.

Basically, cut Mario down to 5/6 reps, cut out the extra sonic characters and the non VG characters and you have a roster which isn't that bad. However it is just.... Silly at the moment.

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
Before you look at this:
>Keep in mind that the only franchise I am well-versed in is Mario, which is why the series has far more newcomers than others.
>If you came just to hate (ex. ZOMG WORST ROSTER EVER IT HAZ FAWFUL OMG!!!1!!!11!!!) then take your hatred elsewhere and do not post a comment here.
>Constructive criticism only please!
3DSRoster_zps4c31896a.png
Please let me know if I missed anyone important, because I have this nagging feeling that I likely did.
Where do I begin with this one.

OK, for one, just because you are only well-versed in the Mario series, isn't an excuse to add 1,000 extra characters for it and neglect the other series. And that's also a mistake, you're missing out on a bunch of other awesome series.

Two, your roster is a bit to big. Alright, I'll go for individual characters now.

Mario:

Oh my god. What happened here. Big Bomb-omb? REALLY? Cut all the Paper Mario characters, RPG characters, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Wart, King Boo, and Rosalina, and you got a good roster (Mario, Lugi, Peach, Bowser, Toad)

Yoshi:

Again, just cause you are well-versed here isn't an excuse. Only Yoshi is fine. Maybe one more at the max, but still probably not.

DK:

That's fine. But judging by the ratio of your Mario:DK characters, Candy Kong should be on here by now.

Wario:

WAY WAY WAY to many Wario characters. It only need one. Wario.

Zelda: Looks fine.

Metroid: Points for Ridley.

F-Zero: Fine.

Animal Crossing: Fine.

Kid Icarus: Fine.

Earthbound: Fine.

Kirby: I don't think Magolor is a good choice. He's been in one game of the series.

StarFox: This series really doesn't need a fourth rep (it's even lucky it has three)

Pokemon: I don't care about Pokemon

Retro/Other Nintendo/Third party: I think everything is fine here, except for....

SONIC: WHY WHY WHY. You seriously think Sonic is getting 4 reps! No way. Only Sonic. Oh, and btw, no Layton.

OK, and now.

This makes me think your roster is a joke.

Are you even serious about this?

WRECK-IT-RALPH, SPIDERMAN, BATMAN, and SPONGEBOB! WHY!

Just, I won't even comment. Why would you even think of putting them in?

ok, ok, i am changing it

did anyone ever stop to think that maybe some of the choices were opinion though? Spongebob is personally one of my favorite non-mario characters. I found Batman and Spiderman to be interesting 3rd party choices, although your point stands about them being from rival companies, didn't think of that. I'll cut all the extra Mario characters except Waluigi (he is my first newcomer choice out of the likely ones, sorry Toad) and Fawful only because he is my all-time favorite and I can't make a roster without him in it. So just try to ignore that, I am sure it won't bother you too much.

As for Wreck-it Ralph, why the hell not? He seems like a good choice, and Nintendo characters did cameo in his movie. I will cut two of the Sonic reps, but I think he needs at least one more rep, just opinion here. I know what I missed now: Fire Emblem. I will add reps in v2.0 that i am working on right now. Also, I added Prof. Layton because I thought he was a wanted character. I have seen people support him; haven't played any of his games but don't think he's too bad. Wario: ehh, I might leave him one extra rep, idk yet.

Phantom L said:
Why the fuck is there no fire emblem on your roster?
Unless I am missing it...
Oh my gosh, you're right!

HOW CAN YOU MISS THAT!

ok, ok, i am changing it

did anyone ever stop to think that maybe some of the choices were opinion though? Spongebob is personally one of my favorite non-mario characters. I found Batman and Spiderman to be interesting 3rd party choices, although your point stands about them being from rival companies, didn't think of that. I'll cut all the extra Mario characters except Waluigi (he is my first newcomer choice out of the likely ones, sorry Toad) and Fawful only because he is my all-time favorite and I can't make a roster without him in it. So just try to ignore that, I am sure it won't bother you too much.

As for Wreck-it Ralph, why the hell not? He seems like a good choice, and Nintendo characters did cameo in his movie. I will cut two of the Sonic reps, but I think he needs at least one more rep, just opinion here. I know what I missed now: Fire Emblem. I will add reps in v2.0 that i am working on right now. Also, I added Prof. Layton because I thought he was a wanted character. I have seen people support him; haven't played any of his games but don't think he's too bad. Wario: ehh, I might leave him one extra rep, idk yet.
Those characters didn't originate from a video game. Therefore they can not be in the game.

And they don't even make sense.

roster_zpsd26c8dca.png
added Ike and Marth

scrapped many characters including spongebob, batman, spiderman, and many of the extra mario characters

left paper mario and fawful because they are good choices imo. waluigi seriously needs to be in this, though, no joke.

It is BETTER, but still gonna critique it.

roster_zpsd26c8dca.png
added Ike and Marth

scrapped many characters including spongebob, batman, spiderman, and many of the extra mario characters

left paper mario and fawful because they are good choices imo. waluigi seriously needs to be in this, though, no joke.

Alright, that's still too much Mario. Just choose one you want please out of Fawful, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr. and Waluigi (which out of those, Bowser Jr. is really the only one that makes sense).

Um, what's up with all the different colors?

For Fire Emblem, they need Chrom. Fire Emblem needs three not two. It is not as important as Mother/Earthbound, and shouldn't be neglected like this! :P

And I still don't think Sonic should get another rep, but whatever.

New Super Mario said:
the colors tell you whether it is veteran, new, unlockable, etc
and I already forgot what colors I put where. Blue is veteran/starter

New Super Mario said:
the colors tell you whether it is veteran, new, unlockable, etc
and I already forgot what colors I put where. Blue is veteran/starter
Oh got it. Thought it stood for DLC or something.

First of all, there's no Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch. I don't like that.

Too many Mario characters. Why do you like Fawful so much? Also, take out Paper Mario.

DK, Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, and Kirby are great.

For Star Fox, I would take out Wolf, but you have an extra spot, and I'd rather have him over Blueboobs McFurrydream.

Pokémon is good, but I'd replace Lucario with Zoroark.

F-Zero and Mother are fine.

I think Fire Emblem deserves another rep. Probably Chrom.

Kid Icarus and Pikmin are fine.

Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are there, so that's good.

I'd trim down on the third-party characters. Take out Snake and Shadow (Sonic doesn't need a new rep).

And Mii is fine.

I just made a new one, give me time to save and upload it.

Changes I made:

Took out all the Mario newcomers except Waluigi (I think he should be in over Bowser Jr, as he debuted before him, but I am honestly fine with either one) and I replaced Fawful (hard decision) with Antasma, as he is from a game that will still be recent when Smash 4 launches, and may have more of a chance. This goes with my new theory that the Mario RPG's are a separate series from the Mario series, which is why they are barely referenced in the main games. Antasma (or another DT character like Dreambert) could represent this as a separate series. After all, Brawl referenced them more than most Mario games did.

I added Chrom to Fire Emblem and removed Snake (although I don't see why people don't want him returning) and Shadow (who was there because of his previous role as an Assist Trophy in Brawl). I almost put in Dixie Kong to fill an open space before realizing Olimar had somehow been deleted, so I put him back in instead. Also removed the color-coding, because it is just confusing. I'll edit this post when it is up.

EDIT:
NewRoster_zpsdb0b3a3e.png

Took out all the Mario newcomers except Waluigi (I think he should be in over Bowser Jr, as he debuted before him
*cough* Toad *cough*

I think 1985 is a lot longer ago than the Mario Tennis game on the 65's release.

New Super Mario said:
Took out all the Mario newcomers except Waluigi (I think he should be in over Bowser Jr, as he debuted before him
*cough* Toad *cough*

I think 1985 is a lot longer ago than the Mario Tennis game on the 65's release.
I just can't see Toad jumping around and smashing up Mario, Link and Pikachu, as I said before. He's already a move for Peach, anyway.

New Super Mario said:
*cough* Toad *cough*

I just can't see Toad jumping around and smashing up Mario, Link and Pikachu, as I said before. He's already a move for Peach, anyway.
If Sakurai can make characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer work, I'm pretty sure Toad can be done too. And Toadsworth can replace him for Peach's move.

Antasma--->Fawful or nothing
Waluigi--->Bowser Junior
Mewtwo/Zoroark--->Pokémon Trainer

And this roster will rule.

Critique again!

Alright it looks overall, good. Just choose Waluigi or Antasma. (and even so Antasma really isn't a good addition)

New Super Mario said:
Critique again!

Alright it looks overall, good. Just choose Waluigi or Antasma. (and even so Antasma really isn't a good addition)
I have to have at least one off-the-wall character on there or else my roster wouldn't stand out from everyone else's.
But i also want a likely character on there, so could you just ignore the fact that there's two new mario reps? You saw what it looked like originally right?

Aanyway, I considered Master Hand, but that would be a big conflict because it just wouldn't feel right if he wasn't the final boss of Classic mode.

Even though I want Paper Mario, Bowser Jr. would probably be better. Jiggly should be cut, too many Pokemans. I don't really know anyone that actually cares about ROB as a general character, and I think Mona is a bit much. The Robin's are one slot, by the way.

Back