Sonic Boom (new Sonic the Hedgehog with MLP writer)

Finally got to see it.

As long as you're expecting standard comedy fare for a cartoon. You should be ok, if you were hoping for something of the serious variety. Stay far away as much as possible. Between Sonic holding Sidekick contests, and Eggman being roommates with Sonic & Tails. This cartoon is quite a bit closer to AoSTH then it to SatAM or even Sonic X, but just not quite as random.

There wasn't anything too terrible. It's as the first impressions say, at worse it's not too different from the average cartoon. There are enough enjoyable character moments, I'm actually finding Amy being the best she's been characterized in a long while. She's funny! She's not so obsessed with wanting to be Sonic's girlfriend! etc. Though of course the highlight is definitely Eggman in terms of humor, I could see Sonic Boom Eggman being loved much like AoSTH's Eggman just for being so hilarious even if in general he's pretty much the typical Saturday Morning cartoon villain that will always be back next week with an evil plan that will be stopped quickly by the heroes. As long as you can make that type of villain entertaining and/or interesting. It's worth having him. (Sticks is kinda annoying IMO though, and we're not really given a real proper introduction to who she is. And that's not good considering she's at least a recurring secondary character. Even worse if she's supposed to be a main character)

I think it's fair to say it's probably not anywhere near being that great of a cartoon, but I think it's certainly enjoyable enough that might provide some harmless fun every week. Those who like their Sonic a little serious will absolutely hate this as this show is just chock full of comedy moments one after another. But those who can appreciate a more lighthearted look at Sonic that takes full advantage of it's cartoonish setting without being quite as crazy as AoSTH could be. This could be a pretty decent show from that point of view.

Saw them. They're cheesy, but not completely terrible, so it's enough to keep my interest. Probably not going to be anywhere near as good as Sonic X, but I'll probably still like it. I do like the animation style they chose though.

Edit: I forgot to mention I like how they still kept Spherebot (?) and Cubebot as characters.

Yeah I fount the humor to be pretty hit-and-miss. Some jokes made me laugh, some made me cringe.

Speaking of AoStH is it me or is Burnbot based on Arms?

I don't think I'm going to watch this series (or play the games for that matter, since I didn't enjoy the 3DS demo).

Next episode(/s) isn't until the 22nd of this month (Which by then I think we'll be pretty occupied with Smash 4 on the Wii U :V). But for those who want to know what the next couple of episodes will be about, click the spoiler.

Title: My Fair Sticksy
Info: After being invited to a fancy gala, Sticks admits she does not know how to behave in a ladylike manner.

Title: Circus of Plunder
Info: In hopes of having new additions to his traveling circus, a ringmaster captures Sonic and his friends.

I certainly hope the Sticks episode shows us a little more then what we got from Sticks last time. I'm not really liking her so far. Maybe an episode based solely on her will help warm my opinion of her up.

2 episodes in and its already better than Sonic X.

Did i miss something though? One episode has Sonic trying to find a new sidekick and the next episode just has Sticks out of the blue when she Knuckles and Amy find Eggman living with Sonic and Tails while his lair is being repaired.

I love how they didn't even have the characters meet each other or explain backgrounds just a simple

"*bleep* it, here's sticks, knuckles, amy, and tails. How they met is up to your imagination."

I've heard the Game(/s?) were made as a prequel to the new show. So unfortunately, to get the proper introduction of the characters. You need to either play the game the whole way through yourself or whenever it comes up, see any All Sonic Boom Cutscenes videos on Youtube.

Northern Verve said:
I've heard the Game(/s?) were made as a prequel to the new show. So unfortunately, to get the proper introduction of the characters. You need to either play the game the whole way through yourself or whenever it comes up, see any All Sonic Boom Cutscenes videos on Youtube.

Scratch that, turns out the games don't have ANY backstory whatsoever about Sonic Boom. Sticks is just a random NPC in the Wii U version. And is basically just Amy's replacement in the 3DS version (Cause Amy is kidnapped in the 3DS Version). So yeah Sonic Boom has barely any lore behind it besides what we get for Lyric in the Wii U version :S

But on a different note, this is admittedly pretty hilarious:

B2U5zb8IYAAK9Lt.png

They actually made Knuckle's Sidekick application form xD

I still don't know what to think about the new games because when there are complaints about a Sonic game you can never tell how much of those are valid complaints and how much are just Sonic fandom being Sonic fandom.

Boy are you behind the times. The latest subject of complaint is his blue arms.

SiFi said:
I still don't know what to think about the new games because when there are complaints about a Sonic game you can never tell how much of those are valid complaints and how much are just Sonic fandom being Sonic fandom.
I don't get this...If most of the sonic fandom complain about some stuff, why did they like the Sonic series in the first place?

Most Sonic fans like a certain era of Sonic games

The Classic era (Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, 3D Blast)
The Dreamcast/multiplatform beginning era (Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes)
The Dark era (06 [jk nobody likes this] and Unleashed)
The Modern era (4 and onward)

Magikrazy said:
Most Sonic fans like a certain era of Sonic games

The Classic era (Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, 3D Blast)
The Dreamcast/multiplatform beginning era (Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes)
The Dark era (06 [jk nobody likes this] and Unleashed)
The Modern era (4 and onward)
Am I the only one who likes all of the eras? Like, I find them all unique and fun.

i also like all eras

i even kinda liked 06, if only ironically

then again im not really a sonic fan anymore

maybe sm would be a better person to explain

I love Sonic 06. Love to hate it, that is.
I can't play it, I rented it once and it was unbearable.

I love all Sonic games (except for the shitty ones like 06, Shadow, and Sonic Genesis). The fact that there are people who prefer Sonic games based on how characters look just boggles me! Who gives a shit about how they look?! As long as the games are fun isn't that all that matters?!

supermariofan said:
I love all Sonic games (except for the shitty ones like 06, Shadow, and Sonic Genesis). The fact that there are people who prefer Sonic games based on how characters look just boggles me! Who gives a shit about how they look?! As long as the games are fun isn't that all that matters?!

um not really, designs can be on how a person appreciates that character more

i mean if all the characters looked like mutated walking trash cans would you still like the games?

06 and Shadow both had good plots though...and amazing soundtracks.

I mean seriously Sonic Games naturally have incredible soundtracks.

i have yet to hear a good sonic story, which is expected of a platformer series.

Back