Sonic Boom (new Sonic the Hedgehog with MLP writer)

If Super Sonic doesnt appear theyll be dealing with a major uproar.

They should have the Sonic Boom song from Sonic CD or at least the Crush 40 rendition of the song as theme. It sounds like it'd be a travesty if they named the cartoon Sonic Boom but made the opening theme not be some form of the Sonic Boom song.

Well this kinda sucks

According to this, the show will have little to no continuity. So while it's good that you can start from anywhere and the kids won't get confused. I like it when there's a clear timeline in shows. It's one of the things later seasons of Friendship is Magic do better then the first season normally did. And why I love Avatar: The Last Airbender so much. Having characters remember events from previous episodes or having episodes that take place pretty much not long after the previous one did is awesome.

June 23, 1991 - November 14, 2006, Novmeber 11, 2010 - November 8, 2014

A hedgehog, a hero, an icon. You will be missed, Sonic. :'(

Magikrazy said:
June 23, 1991 - November 14, 2006, Novmeber 11, 2010 - November 8, 2014

A hedgehog, a hero, an icon. You will be missed, Sonic. :'(

a little early to be calling Sonic Boom a travesty on the level of Sonic 06 don't ya think?

And even if it was nearly that bad, again Sonic Boom isn't taking over the Main series from this point. If the show turns out bad, it wouldn't really hurt it any more then Sonic Underground did. And if the game is mediocre or worse, it can be tossed aside because it's a Spin-off and not considered a Main Sonic game.

Northern Verve said:
This show has an official starting date.

It will air on Cartoon Network on Saturday Mornings starting November 8th

I'm not expecting the greatest thing ever, as I'm actually more concerned then worried about how Sonic Boom as a whole will do (Both the cartoon and the video game). But even if it all turns out all bad, we know this won't effect Sonic as a whole that much. I do expect at least some good lines from Sonic and Eggman in the show at least.
Man, so lame. The Sonic team is seriously going to write themselves into a corner this way, in case they ever want to add or develop characters, features or themes. Most cartoons manage to be perfectly episodic without having to go to the extreme of "resetting" for every episode. Take The Weekenders for example: every now and then they mention stuff that happened in earlier episodes but it was never required to understand what was going on, and similarly, the recurring things like the pizza place also didn't require previous knowledge that the place changes every day.

Magikrazy said:
Sonic's been ruined forever since Sonic fans existed.
Ouch.

Well, except for me, of course. I'm not really as in to it compared to some people, but I know and like it quite a lot.

The first episode of this show starts tomorrow. I don't have Cartoon Network on my satellite anymore (Some issue going on between Dish Network and Turner) though so I can't catch it when it airs at 7 AM EST (Not even sure I would see it if even if I did still have the channel, I like my sleep on the weekends :V)

If there's a decent quality version of the first episode online I'll see it though.

Still very unsure about the Sonic Boom series in general (Both the show and the game). But I don't want to judge too early. Keeping expectations modest so that I'm plesantly surprised that it turns out better then I expected, but not so disappointed if it turns out just mediocre or worse.

The show will probably be fairly decent, but maybe only last 1-2 seasons. Both games will likely be trash though. We know so little about how the game plays and looks and it only comes out in three days. :-\

Gamefreak75 said:
Both games will likely be trash though. We know so little about how the game plays and looks and it only comes out in three days. :-\

well theres a demo for the 3ds one if you want to try that. i think theres gonna be one for the wii u version as well but apparently it only releases in december so its kinda dumb

Youtube link for both (11-minute half) episodes. I'm watching them later. For now I'm hearing that at worst it's average. But the 2nd episode in particular is better then the first one.

Back