Another 4th playable character in new DKC?

Who should be playable character?

• Funky Kong

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Cranky Kong

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Kiddy Kong

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Tiny Kong

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Lanky Kong

• Chunky Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swanky Kong

• Wrinkly Kong

• Total voters
I vote Kiddy Kong. Like I said before, he hasn't appeared in a new game since 1997, which is a pretty long time, considering the fact that he was one of the original four protagonists of the series. He's long overdue for a comeback.

I did not vote because my pick is not on the list: King K Rool. Think about it: Bowser in RPG? Rool might have vested interest with the Kongs in ridding the Island of the vikings. And it would satisfy the crowd who wanted the Kremlings back. AND why would it be kept on the hush hush unless it is something REALLY amazing? That is three reasons I vote Rool. Three god reasons. Mark my words , it will be.

No Candy in this vote?

The major problem is we see an assistant player (while DK is the major player) instead of an independent player mostly in the trailer. We don't know if we can play as Dixie with Diddy, or all four play together. If they use "assistants" only, the other playable characters wouldn't be those who have normal body size like Funky or Candy, but only be Tiny or the elders.

Coin Heaven said:
I did not vote because my pick is not on the list: King K Rool.
The major problem of NDKC we faced now is no formal re-introduction of all DK main characters. It would be very unnatural and sudden to make King K Rool an anti-hero before a major boss comeback. At least he should be in more recent games.

Tempest Tales said:
Because no one cares Candy Kong.
I've got nothing against Candy. As a matter of fact, many people come up with some of the most ridiculous reasons for hating on her, such as her being a "monkey with breasts", or something along those lines.

Kiddy Kong, duh. He's long overdue for an appearance in a game. But if you think about it, what could his "special ability" be to aid donkey. Diddy has a jump pack to help DK jump further, dixie helps him jump higher, what could kiddy do? Cry louder?

Maybe he'll be playable in the place of Donkey Kong, which may explain why they're being so secretive of this.

Dorayaki said:
No Candy in this vote?

The major problem is we see an assistant player (while DK is the major player) instead of an independent player mostly in the trailer. We don't know if we can play as Dixie with Diddy, or all four play together. If they use "assistants" only, the other playable characters wouldn't be those who have normal body size like Funky or Candy, but only be Tiny or the elders.

Coin Heaven said:
I did not vote because my pick is not on the list: King K Rool.
The major problem of NDKC we faced now is no formal re-introduction of all DK main characters. It would be very unnatural and sudden to make King K Rool an anti-hero before a major boss comeback. At least he should be in more recent games.
Returns is a reboot but it does not pretend Rool never existed it is still a sequel as well as a reboot. So Roolsould be added to the poll because he IS a possibility.

Coin Heaven said:
Returns is a reboot but it does not pretend Rool never existed it is still a sequel as well as a reboot. So Roolsould be added to the poll because he IS a possibility.
I do expect King K Rool's comeback as a boss or a playable chance in spinoffs or smash bros games. But with this point I don't really agree, since being an anti-hero needs much explanation while he's been absent for too long time. In Bowser and King Dedede's case, they had enough recurring appearances as boss so fans wouldn't be too surprised to see them being heros sometimes.

I don't think NDKC is a reboot (like the last time from arcade to DKC), but a simple restart. However, all relevant settings should be reused in a period of time to refresh audience's memory, which is SMB infamous for.

I doubt Diddy and Dixie can be played simultaneously. I think it'll be DK alongside one of his partners only.

So Kiddy Kong is my choice.

The reason why we see "assistants" is because retro made this new game to play just like the first, with DK as the major character and selectable or unlockable assistant characters. I don't see them doing it any other way unless they make some seprate mode or something.

Dimitri said:
The reason why we see "assistants" is because retro made this new game to play just like the first, with DK as the major character and selectable or unlockable assistant characters. I don't see them doing it any other way unless they make some seprate mode or something.
Compared with NSMB, NDKC focus more on puzzles and collecting, which doesn't really fit in multiplayer at one time. Though it's less fun, but maybe has a different traget market.

A worse situation is you can only choose certain partner in different worlds like Rambi. At least I hope to see switching between two characters like the old DKC did.

K Rool should be am option. Only then would I vote. The excuse for thw team up with his enemies is easy: He wants tp rid the Island of Vikings so he cam conquer it for himself. And the people who were mad about the Kremlings not showing up the first time will be double mad this time. This surprise move will eliminate any such resentment. I respect Dorayakis rebuttal bit I should at least have the option to vote.

Tempest Tales said:
K. Rool is not possible, because he's a villain.
That certainly never stopped Bowser from being playable in Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and Bowser's Inside Story now, did it? And not to mention King Dedede in Kirby: Return to Dreamland.

Bass said:
Tempest Tales said:
That certainly never stopped Bowser from being playable in Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and Bowser's Inside Story now, did it? And not to mention King Dedede in Kirby: Return to Dreamland.
^^^

Funky Kong is my vote, although Cranky Kong would be hilarious.

I think it should be Kiddy, but maybe an older version of Kiddy.

Bass said:
Tempest Tales said:

I think k.rool is very unlikely because nintengo hasn´t touch him since dk jungle climber, and retro studios is aiming to make DK games diferent with new enemies and settings.

Anyway...why he would help DK in this game?

Im thinks funky can fit the place of the 4 character.

Back